Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: E39 M5 - Will travel anywhere in continental US (Midwest preferred)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I've seen that one, but I've found a few with lower mileage at a similar price point.

Currently talking to cars in: Ohio, Kentucky, Orlando (2000 model), VA and San Diego.

Ohio guy is legit - 2002 Tiag on Black, 3rd owner, 94K miles, maintenance records and addressing PPI items - asking $16.9K

Kentucky guy is legit - 2002 Black (not carbon) on Black, 2nd owner, 102k miles, maintenance records, no PPI (yet) - $17.9K bottom line

Orlando guy is a pain - 2000 Grey on Caramel, 3rd owner, 92K miles, lots of records, BMWCCA member, open to PPI - asking $15.5K

VA guy is meh - 2000 White on Carmel (sexy), 6th owner, 75K miles, good records, has a few things needing attention, asking $19k (think it can be had for $17)

San Diego guy is an asshole - 2000 silverstone on black, 69K miles, unknown owner #, sparse records, dude is an asshole - firm at $19k
    Last edited by Joe G; 09-12-2017, 12:39 PM.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Damn there was this dude located in SD who came up to Orange County to look at a car I was selling maybe 6 months ago. He had an extremely clean e39 M5 with caramel interior that he was thinking about selling. I wish I had his contact info, hes was super cool.
      E30 S54

Comment

Originally posted by TheDirtyS54Thirty View Post
        Damn there was this dude located in SD who came up to Orange County to look at a car I was selling maybe 6 months ago. He had an extremely clean e39 M5 with Beige interior that he was thinking about selling. I wish I had his contact info, hes was super cool.
        FIND THAT INFO...plz :)

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

i setup an account with them god knows when ago... can give you access if you like.
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

^ I might take you up on that, thanks!!

Anybody in Kentucky and know M5s? Car looks great, but the local shops are well, local shops. Doubtful they've ever had an M5 on a rack before.

pics make everything better.

Car in question is in Jamestown, KY.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
              FIND THAT INFO...plz :)
              Check your PM big dawg.
              E30 S54

Comment

Anybody in Kentucky and know M5s? Car looks great, but the local shops are well, local shops. Doubtful they've ever had an M5 on a rack before.

Car in question is in Jamestown, KY.
                If that's the same place I think it is, I almost went up there to look at a car they had for sale when I was in the market earlier early this year. For what it's worth they seem to have a number of nice cars on the lot but like you said, who's to say for sure what they really know.

It's about 3 hours from me. PM me if no one closer responds.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  If that's the same place I think it is, I almost went up there to look at a car they had for sale when I was in the market earlier early this year. For what it's worth they seem to have a number of nice cars on the lot but like you said, who's to say for sure what they really know.

It's about 3 hours from me. PM me if no one closer responds.
                  Chris, the owner, is a stand up guy. We've spoke on the phone and texted a bunch, the M5 was his personal car - selling because he moved onto a GTR.

Based on the reviews of his 'dealership' (all 5/5) I am inclined to believe it's a solid car being sold by a solid guy. That said, buying an M-car sight-unseen is a bit nerve wracking.

I may be PMing you, Agent. Thanks!

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Regarding the 2000 vs 2001+ cars, can anyone tell me the major reasons why 2001+ is superior?

I know they got the face lift, updated gauges, navigation and steering wheel.

Outside of cosmetics, what else was done? I've read about Vanos updates and other motor updates, but I've not found anything concrete, just other jabronis posting on forums.

Anyone here have experience with 2000 vs 2001+ cars?

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

The 2000 cars seem to eat clutches like its their day job and consume more oil. Generally you don't want the first version of anything by BMW. Best to wait a year or two after they've worked out the kinks on em.

Comment

^That's what I thought re: oil.

I've heard 2000s can eat 1qt per 600-1000miles, 2001+ cars use about half that (per my googling).

Didn't know about the clutch. Thanks

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

the M5 was his personal car - selling because he moved onto a GTR.
                          I remember seeing that one in his inventory and for the same reason when I was shopping them. Not that it necessarily means anything other than they're in BFE Kentucky, but it's been for sale for quite a while.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^I had a feeling it was on the market for a while. He claims he's in it $17,950, which is his bottom line. If it's as clean as it looks, seems like a fair price.

Only issue is the E39 surface rust in the gas cap area (bubbling paint about 2 inches long, .5 inch deep).

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Yeh we've got a 2000 that drinks about 1qt every 500 miles... thats considered "normal" for these :loco: We've eliminated all of the oil leaks too... crazy.

Comment

That Vancouver car Tak posted, would be around 13k right now for you. Obviously plus whatever it costs to reimport it to the US.
                                It says it was a US car originally.
                                Originally posted by codyep3
                                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                                2010 F650gs twin
                                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
                                X