Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: E39 M5 - Will travel anywhere in continental US (Midwest preferred)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^yes, didn't get any attention though
    Try this one, slightly above your budget but looks to be a very cool individual car, and who knows what you may buy it for:

Comment

I found an '03 outside of Chicago. Schwarz with a black/red interior, 99k miles, third owner (wife's car!), she put 75k of the 99k miles on it.

Dealer maintained with records. No accidents. Clean and shiny paint. Clean interior with brushed aluminum trim. 3 sets of wheels.

Owner is having the 100k service performed and then a PPI.

$20k - thoughts?

Also, has anyone here seen the black and red in person? How's it look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I haven't seen black/red in person.

03 is the year, IMO, and sub 100k miles, along with a PPI makes it sound like a great sell.

20k is a bit steep, but it sounds like you want closer to the perfection end of the spectrum, so it may be worth it to you. I'd move forward with the PPI and see what results it brings.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
          ^yes, didn't get any attention though
          Try this one, slightly above your budget but looks to be a very cool individual car, and who knows what you may buy it for:
          https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...304972678.html
          That car is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

03 is the year, IMO, and sub 100k miles, along with a PPI makes it sound like a great sell.

20k is a bit steep, but it sounds like you want closer to the perfection end of the spectrum, so it may be worth it to you. I'd move forward with the PPI and see what results it brings.
            I agree, but I think for the mileage you are going to pay at least $18k for the car if all else is in proper order.

Comment

The current exchange makes 28k Canadian=22944.24

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

The Kentucky car appears to be very clean, 103K miles, $17.9k, black on black...but its in the middle of nowhere so PPI is going to be difficult (or impossible). Only flaw is a 2"x1" section of paint bubbling/surface rust behind the gas cap door, which I gather is a common e39 issue and an easy fix.

I'm just apprehensive to buy a car with such a loud interior...and one that my future wife HATES.

IDK what to do!

Also now thinking about B6/7 S4 avants for the wagon benefits and a pup hauler that isn't as nice or as small as an M5.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Joe,

I hear ya on the loud interior. I will be going with either caramel or black, single tone, when I buy one. If the wife hates it, I'd pass.

I also hear ya on the S4, or any other car at that level. The playing field is so much bigger (relative to buying 2-3k E30's) when you have 20k to play with.

I was sold on the Audi RS4 for the longest time. E46 M3's as well. A Mercedes or two. But the M5 still has my vote.

Best of luck to whatever you choose. I will add that I always see a revolving stock of M5's available in my general area (within a 4 hr drive), so if the M5 is what you really want, the right one will come along.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Yea...I think I'm going to pass on the red interior. The 18 year old in me thinks it's amazing, but I know I'll tire of it. Not to mention it really narrows down prospective buyers when it comes time to sell the car.

I've toyed with AMG wagons, but I think I need 3 pedals to make me happy.

The M5 would be a FANTASTIC cross country road trip car, just not as much space for shit as a wagon would have...roof rack?

The Kentucky car is damn sexy, clean paint, no issues, etc. It's just a matter of whether or not I want to fuck with that little rust spot and risk no PPI.

car in question: http://www.hillsidemotorsky.com/mobi...0-e0c9b862d001

I just wish one would pop up around KC.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

This seems like a very well kept candidate. $19k per discussions with the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I've got a 2002 LeMans blue over Caramel I'm considering parting with. 113,000 miles, new Koni Yellows, alternator, thermostat, thrust arms with urethane bushings and more. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more info and pictures.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                        X