Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a following in the denver region at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad for local GTG: Screw FB!

So "some" Colorado tuner's enjoy FB eh?:

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
    I post to facebook. Kinda frustrating as that shit is not archived or searchable
    Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    yeah facebook groups suck
    Originally posted by LEANE30 View Post
    There are some die hards in the area. ;) like mr Ted above. Some of us however don't have time for Facebook and all that social shit...
    Originally posted by XcvX View Post
    It's frustrating that Facebook seems to be the place to connect since I continue to refuse to use it in any reasonable manner.
    So why do "newer" E30 tuner's like FB so much?:

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Kids want a quick answer without researching for 10's or 100's of hours. FB gives them an answer, and attention at the same time. It's win win for them. They get to both boast they want to do a mod, and tell the world they are going to do it.

I can tell you that 90% of the answers on a tech-related FB post are wrong. It would be almost comical if I didn't hate misinformation so much. But oh well. Weld your diff, chop your springs, do a "muffler delete"and cheese grate your air box. It's all good - and documented for you to cringe at later in life.
    Great we are having a local meet to bypass the "90% of the answers on a tech-related FB post are wrong" and all the nonsensical social BS drama that goes along with it. FB = HOT AIR (my E30's don't run well with dat!)

Hope to see/meet you all on Sunday...
    1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
    Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
    Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

Yeah it's been pretty slow around here recently. I'll try to make it out Sunday. It's super close to me so I don't really have an excuse lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by 8oost0ne View Post
        I’ll get Ralph to come with the e30 vert
        Awesome, haven't seen Ralph in awhile!

LMK if you wanna cruise down together, just text me Mike
        1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          Yeah it's been pretty slow around here recently. I'll try to make it out Sunday. It's super close to me so I don't really have an excuse lol
          You have over 10,500 posts and joined R3V after me (I have 50 posts, so your over 200x mine), so yes, no excuses.

Hope to see you all Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/events/190295881543403/
          Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 11-07-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
            Awesome, haven't seen Ralph in awhile!

LMK if you wanna cruise down together, just text me Mike
            For sure.. Im trying to get some heads down there, I have a buddy that lives around the corner from you w a s54 eta, and touring that will be coming. Ill text you so we can get the deets together

Comment

Originally posted by 8oost0ne View Post
              ...I have a buddy that lives around the corner from you w a s54 eta, and touring that will be coming. Ill text you so we can get the deets together
              I assume that's Will? Yeah he's got a E30 with s54 and just bought a touring (swapping in an s52) and lives less than 20 houses away from me.

A few weeks ago I bought one of his wrecked E30's and stripped it for parts to install on my "ass-bad" $1,350 1987 325iS. Will is probably the area's best "wheeler-dealer" when selling BMW parts to upgrade his own huge parts inventory. tschultz/Tom wanted to buy Will's 5-series turbo, but when we got their it was already sold, shucks. Will is real good people, for surze!!!

I'll talk to Will and see if he wants to cruise down.

Text me and we (with Ralph) will ride...
              Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 11-07-2017, 04:00 PM. Reason: None

Comment

Sounds like quite a few people will show up--- as you mention an informal gathering like this has been missing lately.

I will probably bring my M5 but haven't decided yet.
                http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Hopefully we can do more of these over the winter. I'd like to meet you guys and your cars.

Comment

Yeah this place has been too quiet, we need to get it more active again
                    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Looking forwards to meeting new and old friends, having good times, and seeing some fantastic rides.

See you all Sunday...

Comment

See You Sunday

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
                        an informal gathering like this has been missing lately
                        Yeah this place has been too quiet, we need to get it more active again
                        Hope to see you all tomorrow, 60 degrees and sunny!

Women and

"[m]oney will come and go. We all know that. But the most important thing in life will always be the people in this [parking lot and their amazing machines]. Right here. Right now. Salute mi familia..."
                        Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 11-11-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Good to see a big turnout at the meet, I didn't get to talk to too many e30 guys and maybe that was because I wasn't in my e30
                          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Not Much Too Talk About?

Good to see a big turnout at the meet, I didn't get to talk to too many e30 guys and maybe that was because I wasn't in my e30
                            E30 turnout good, but--unlike E36's which were very well represented--owner's didn't bring "A game", so not much to talk about except other platforms:

Ted = E36/7 Z3 m54b30 (has E30 iX Turbo m20b31 & E30 s38b36 Euro);
                            Will = E30 320i Touring m20b20 (has E30 s54 & building E30 Touring s52 Turbo);
                            Mike = E36 318Ti m42b18 (has E30 m20b27 Turbo & E30 m30b35 Turbo)
                            Ralph = E30 Convertible m20b25 (has E30 318iS s52 Dinan Supercharger)
                            Glen = E30 Sedan m20b25 (has E30 m20b31 ITBs)

Spring will be here quick, along with the "other" E30's in parenthesis--and MANY other local tuner's.

Then there will be something to talk about (like that E30 turbo with huge exhaust leak sounding like azzzzz)...
                            Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 11-15-2017, 08:52 AM. Reason: E30 turbo exhaust = azzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
                              Yup. I've gotten more and better responses when I post to facebook. Kinda frustrating as that shit is not archived or searchable, but people definitely are better to respond there.
                              We should all try to make it a point that if/when we get good advice and information or hear about meetups we should duplicate that information here. Especially since I avoid FB at all cost :mrgreen:.

Comment

Who owns the black early model with euro bumpers and much more?? It is BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Working...
                                X