No announcement yet.

Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to worry, Jeff G has been dead for years, right after Jurassic Park 1 IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      Ummmm. Is this a really inappropriate reference to auto-erotic-asphyxiation?
      Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      I bet he didn't have any pants on
      Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
      Duh.
      I just emailed the Hallmark corporation, and had them ban you two from writing any greeting cards in the future. Sorry if that put a dent on your plans.
      Last edited by george graves; 06-10-2018, 03:02 AM.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        I just emailed the Hallmark corporation, and had them ban you two from writing any greeting cards in the future. Sorry if that put a dent on your plans.
        Ummm ok? Cool I guess...

Not really sure where your trying to go with that though

Comment

I really loved his show. he was an amazing writer and narrator. my favorite I think was the one were he shot machine guns with ted nugget at his ranch here in Texas.

I wonder if its the anti depressant drugs people are taking these days that cause suicides??
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
            Not really sure
            It's all good. Just a joke.

Comment

Way back when I ran across a VHS at Blockbuster with this guy who went to Iceland and couple other places, I was like "this is cool". That was my intro to Anthony Bourdain. Ive been a fan ever since.
              i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Hopefully he's like Tupac and theres more episodes in hiding than what was put out while alive.
                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by Restoman View Post
                  Hopefully he's like Tupac and theres more episodes in hiding than what was put out while alive.
                  Maybe a few in the can. Unlike "Prince" and his vault of songs. 100's if not 1000's.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Not to worry, Jeff G has been dead for years, right after Jurassic Park 1 IIRC.

Wrong. Jeff Goldbloom is an icon. ;)

RIP Bourdain. He was never my bag as I don't usually like people, and sitting down to eat with someone I don't know isn't usually my idea of a good time. But I can respect his outlook... and he certainly did his thing to inspire many.
                    "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                    -----------------------------------------
                    91 318is Turbo Sold
                    87 325 Daily driver Sold
                    06 4.8is X5
                    06 Mtec X3
                    05 4.4i X5 Sold
                    92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                    90 325i Sold
                    97 328is Sold
                    01 323ci Sold
                    92 325i Sold
                    83 528e Totaled
                    98 328i Sold
                    93 325i Sold

Comment

I think I liked the guy, cause he was a regular dude.
                      Had fame and fortune, yet was really down to earth and humble.
                      Always supportive of everyone in the kitchen staff.

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I never knew he existed.
                        Gonna have to hit up Youtube to get myself up to date on this fellow.
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Busted out my copy of kitchen confidential I hadn't touched in years, he was a pretty cool dude. Never got into his new show but I'd wager I've seen every episode of no reservations.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            I never knew he existed.
                            Gonna have to hit up Youtube to get myself up to date on this fellow.
                            You'd like him. He didn't even get into the TV "scene" until he was like 40(?). He skipped all that food network BS. Never took branding money like some Rachael Ray, or Emerald. He would make fun of the production company following him during his own show. A good - "f-U" rebel.

His travel blogs are good. I think my fav of his is Thailand. Didn't know it was so interesting there until I saw his. On the 10 ten list of places to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                              Busted out my copy of kitchen confidential I hadn't touched in years, he was a pretty cool dude. Never got into his new show but I'd wager I've seen every episode of no reservations.
                              I'm actually curious about this sentiment. Parts Unknown didn't seem that dissimilar to No Reservations or a Cook's Tour.

Hell he even went back to the same spots to visit and eat with the same people on Parts Unknown as he did on No Reservations.

He did do a bit more commentary on social/political issues, but I found that 99% of the time, I agreed with the guy on just about everything.

It reminds me I need to quit spending money on bullshit and get back to getting stamps on my passport. Japan, S. Korea, and Thailand are at the top of the list.

EDIT: I really regret not taking some of my severance money when I was laid off 3 years ago and not just going somewhere for a week. I came supremely close to buying a ticket to Tokyo. I shouldn't have been such a scared little bitch and just gone.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                                I think I liked the guy, cause he was a regular dude.
                                Had fame and fortune, yet was really down to earth and humble.
                                Always supportive of everyone in the kitchen staff.

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain
                                yeah....I don't know man. I think he was kind of an arrogant liberal douche but sort of in a good and likable way. not like that barney rubble looking asshole on diners dives and drive ins.

I am going to miss his show. my wife and I loved to watch it.
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                                X