Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

★★★ NEW NEW NEW - True One Touch, plug and play, 2-stage, e36 switch conversion ★★★★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll definitely be down for a set for the next batch. It's such a small problem, but I HATE missing the one touch feature after driving my Z3.
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Batch 2 is finished - the few last people should all have email asking to confirm their shipping address.

Onto BATCH 3...

I have way more people on the wait list then I want to take orders for. So...I'm going to break batch 3 into a bunch of smaller batches.

Next up on deck is for BATCH 3.1 (pending payment)

1.) MoreMayhem (2 units) SHIPPED
      2.) kid8 - PAID - SHIPPED
      3.) E30335i 4 units - ASKED OT BE PUT ON A LATER LIST/DOING A S5x swap - asked to be put on a later list
      4.) noahsense 1 UNIT - SHIPPED
      5.) BRONXBK 1 units - SHIPPED
      6.) LANCE 94040 - DONE Send address confirmmation

EDIT: roshique and moreoff are no-shows.

You all should get a PM here with payment info tomorrow.

I will apologize now...I have to raise the price a little bit on this. New price is $150/window. It's only $25 more, but that makes a big difference to me. Bezels use to be $3 a pop, now they are $12. And there is just a over all "these take a lot of time to build to make it so that it's a drop in plug-and-play for you guys" factor.

NOTE: It is clear as day in this thread, these things take time to make. Parts can become unavailable for weeks and weeks at a time, and then orders have to be put on hold. Switches can be hard to source. I'm not selling you brake pads that you need the next day - this is something different. If you're expecting this to be in your mail box in a week, two weeks, or even three weeks, please don't order. I'm not saying that to be an ass, I'm just want everyone to know what's up. Just want to be upfront with everyone. Other then that, everything looks good for batch 3.1.
      Last edited by george graves; 04-20-2015, 09:23 PM.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Still want these, but 2 units please, not 3.

Comment

George, how well would these work with verts? Sorry if it was addressed somewhere else in the thread.

Was getting ready to convert to e36 switches (have them here w/ harnesses) and ran across this thread. Would be uber cool to have one touch up/down in the vert. I guess it requires adding an aftermarket alarm though for the outputs?
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Works the same on all e30s - unplug your stock switches, and you plug this in. An alarm/keyless is totally optional (if you want remote open/close).
            Last edited by george graves; 02-26-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Just wanted to give a shout-out to George for an amazing product!

Required some minor filing of the stock cut-outs, but otherwise these are super simple to install. The switches look incredibly clean (as if they were made for the E30) and work flawlessly.

Keep up the good work!

'91 318is turbo

Comment

Looks great!! Lose the bread ties in favor of wire tie wraps though.
                I know it is hidden but I am anal.
                Thanks,
                Stan

Comment

(how anal are you? ASL?)

I put those ties on the alarm input wires just for shipping - to keep things neat.

I recommend putting the control units into the rear portion of the center console. It fine where they are if that's what you want to do.

(Also, I'd cover the end of the alarm wires if you're not going to use them (with some electrical tape or something) if they touch ground, it will lower your window for you - that's not an issue if they are in the rear portion of the center console - as they normally would be - nothing but carpet and plastic there)
                  Last edited by george graves; 03-04-2015, 04:15 AM.

Comment

(how anal are you? ASL?)

Only anal about my car..George ;)
                    Comes from years of being an electronic technician.
                    Stan

Comment

So mine finally came the other day. Plugged it in and it works great. However, I'm using it for the sunroof, and there's not enough space for the module to fit.

has anyone actually installed this in the sunroof position? I mean, I could make it fit, but then I wouldn't be able to put the check panel back in. even if I take out the mirror, there's just not enough room for everything. I don't really want to take down the entire headliner.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Dude, you could fit 2 dead hookers up there. Tons of room. Do you think I would sell you something that doesn't fit? :) No need to mess with the headliner, just pull down the cover. Easy.

Comment

Well, that's why i asked. :p

Ok, guess i have to pull the cover off. It looked like it might fit without taking it apart.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Enough has been said here about timing. Mine arrived today and I'm really excited to get them installed!
                            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

George, these are superb. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

hey George, just shot you a pm!

Comment

Working...
                                X