• Show
Clear All

If anybody besides me is interested, here's some local Track Days:
    March 12 - Summit Point Raceway with NWSCCA
    March 24, 25 - VIR with 1010ths motorsports
    March 26, 27 - NJMP with SJR SCCA
    April 11, 12 - NJMP with NJ BMW CCA
    May 14, 15 - Summit Point Raceway with TrackDaze

These are a few to start the season, anybody feel free to fill in events I missed.
    Here's a bunch all over the US
    Last edited by CincinnatiKid; 01-26-2011, 08:24 AM.
    1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

This is an excellent list of a lot of events in the Mid-A and surrounding areas for this year. I'm hoping to get the E30 out to a number of these and my E36 as well if I ever get it running again...

Comment

how much do these typically run, including prep?

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
          how much do these typically run, including prep?
          SCCA and Autocrossers Inc events are usually $35 and you will need an SCCA membership ($80/yr) or a weekend membership ($15? which can be applied towards a year membership after the fact)

Other clubs have different fees but should be around that $35 ball park.

You will need a helmet (check but I think they must be at least SA00 or higher rated) but most clubs have loaners you can use.

Prep is really an open ended question, you can pretty much spent as little or as much as you want to. Your car needs to pass a basic safety inspection which mostly is making sure that your car won't kill yourself or anyone else on the course (check that wheels/wheel bearings are tight, battery is tied down, nothing is loose in the cabin, engine mounts aren't broken. So whatever you need to do to ensure that those are met is the minimum needed in prep costs.

Comment

What kts said.

I would like to add to that. A common misconception is that you have to have a modded car to autox. That is simply not true. I have autoxed in everything from rental cars to mini vans. My personal car is very lightly modded.

Autox is also really not that hard on the car either. Its not going to trash a set of tires or brakes or wear the engine out. If you drive like a total moron you might scuff your tires a bit, but nothing much. Your drive to work would do just as much or more.

Its all about having fun. So no matter what you drive or how fast you go. Just be safe and have a good time.

Zach Mickle
            Nasa Mid-Atlantic
            NasaX Tech Cheif/Autox/HPDE instructor
            90 325i 4dr.

Comment

wow price seems on point!
              motorcycle helmet work?

i'm definately gonna sign up for one, or two :)

Comment

I am going to do a couple of the NASA karting events at VIR :P
                "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

motorcycle helmet work?
                  Each club has their own rules but every place I've been to required a helmet to be Snell rated and either the current Snell rating or within the last 2. (Snell has M and SA ratings.) Check the club rules since the Snell 2010 rated helmets are out now but I think it must be Snell M00 or SA00 or higher to be valid with most clubs.

So if your helmet has a Snell rating you're good to go. If not the clubs will have loaners.

Comment

Anybody signing up for local track events? first one is march 12th for me at summit with WDCR SCCA.
                    1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

hey are there age limits and such about signing up for these events?

Comment

Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
                        Anybody signing up for local track events? first one is march 12th for me at summit with WDCR SCCA.
                        I wanted to go to it but I'll be out of the country. I will hopefully be taking the E30 out on the track sometime in May.

Comment

hey are there age limits and such about signing up for these events?
                          Check the info pages for the track events for their rules but if you have a driver's license you should be good to go.

For most autox clubs if you have a driver's license you're good to go. For people too young to have a driver's license you can so karts but you need to have both parents/guardians to sign off on you going to the event. Again, check with the local club for full rules but that should give you the rough idea.

Comment

Most places are 18 and up, but under 18 with parental consent.

I don't know when I'll get to an autox or track event this year, as I just blew my headgasket in the schwartz car.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

you'll have that fixed by the end of may.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Philly SCCA Autocross Event #1 - Dover Intl. Speedway on Sunday 3/20/11

First event of the season, sign up here:
                                SCCA - Philadelphia Region on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at Dover International Speedway, Dover, DE - This event will be run in full-day format. The event will be be capped at 180 drivers. If this is your first Philly Region event Philadelphia Region runs a novice program to help newcomers to the spor...

Not sure if I'll make it out, I have some brake issues to sort out Friday and Sat.
                                1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Working...
                                X