No announcement yet.

Oldskoole34's 1987 ETA coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A week ago took her in to the shop to get control arms and poly bushings done.

Still to do: rtabs, subframe bushings.
    Had to put 15mm spacers to the front and move 5s to the back in order for the front wheels to properly clear the coilovers. Now need to get 10mm for the fronts.

And a daytime pic with my buddy's (formerly mine) mk2 Jetta coupe. Although it looks a bit different now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just an update more for myself, since I have been loosing track of what has been going on with the car.

Since last update:

Ended up lowering the rear more by pulling out the spring perch and leaving just the pad

Front came down another 30mm or so

Rolled fenders to help with h some minor clearance issues.

Replaced exhaust rear section with a 2.25” straight pipe leaving just the cat and the resonator. This kind of a setup sound too drony, so that is to be sorted.

JSW wheels came off (could never get one of them to balance properly and had annoying vibration issues at 90-120kph)

Finally finished putting together the BBS RMs that have been in various stages of assembly and disassembly over the last 3 years. Specs are 15x8.5 front 15x9 rear with 195/45/15 Dunlop Dirrezzas.

Just a few mostly cray pics from the last year and a bit to keep track of the progression.

To do next:

full break system rebuild. All the parts in the garage awaiting installation.

Exhaust work to be finished (with schmeidman headers awaiting installation). Get rid of cat and find proper muffler.

Maintanance: timing belt/ water pump/ valve adjustment

Got a mint Mtech1 steering wheel and will put that in for a while instead of the Renown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X