Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syco's Psycho V8 build. M62 OBDII Content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Syco's Psycho V8 build. M62 OBDII Content.

Alright guys, so I already have the standard 24v M50 with a nice old G260. BUT thats getting kind of old, SO we move on to 2 more cylinders and OBDII. Now I know, I know bla bla bla, "OBDII is crap!!!!" and all that good shit. Get it out of your system now. Main reason for running OBDII is because its SOOOO much easier to read codes and pinpoint exactly whats wrong with the car. Also to prove that its not more expensive than running OBDI. I would say it'd help with VANOS, but I'm using a standard M62(non-vanos), not a M62TU(Vanos).

got the engine for 150. SCORE!

So Onto the parts list, Got the M62 with 2 blown head-gaskets, strange enough nothing else wrong.

Day we brought it in, hauled by me in the M52 OBDII beater. How a real E30 does it. Couldn't use 4th gear.

Got the heads off to the machine shop for a hot tank, deck, and compression check. All checked out great!

Next on parts list is brake set up, check!(along with headers)

Now all the other random crap going along with it.

Now gaskets and all that good stuff!(ECU is out at Technica as I type, getting an EWS flash and tune!)

Now we come to the big question of the night...
    5 Speed?

or 6 speed?

I know all about the "easiness" of the 5 speed, but Dave wants to 6 speed it and see how we can do it. So I'm leaning towards 6 speed.

So, here's what its going into btw, I really need more pictures of my car, 2 door on 15x7 et10(with 5 mil spacers all around) Drag Dr20's

That's about as far as we are right now, may be a slow build, may be fast. Idk, I do know that once everything is together we're wanting to install and run within a weekend. Thanks for lookin.
    Last edited by Dj Syco; 03-01-2012, 10:30 PM.

Bought it out from under me, dick.

I still <3 you though and look forward to seeing this thing running!
    -Alex

Comment

<3 you too. I was actually talking to the guy a month or so before when it was first listed, but it seemed shady.even though, 150 was too good to pass up!!! won't lie though, was scared it was really fuxored by how much milkshake was in the engine.

Comment

Love seeing all these V8 threads. Good luck man
        My Seller/Buyer Feedback

Performance Aftermarket Parts & Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Syco View Post
          <3 you too. 150 was too good to pass up!!! won't lie though, was scared it was really fuxored by how much milkshake was in the engine.
          That is why I hesitated to buy it haha. But in all seriousness you probably did me a favor by getting to it first!

Now hurry up and boost it, I know Jordan can whip something up. :p
          -Alex

Comment

Almost skipped the whole v8 thing and went with a boosted M52, but would have cost too much(for me at least!). Plus we want to show people we can do v8 swaps! also gives me a chance to say I have a freaking V8 in my car. lol. although, a boosted M62 would be pretty freakin sweet....

Comment

Im gonna have to check this out when I come over to get more 24v parts soon! Predicted time of finish or are you guys taking it slow? This should be pretty awesome.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Good luck to ya, man. It seems like OBD2 will be a real PITA, but more power to you!

FYI, I am still trying to start my swap. I already have the E32 donor car w/ Alusil M60B40, ZF 5-speed, and the grey market 520i that it will all be shoved into. I just have to do it. As of now, I'm all talk.

Comment

This is going to be awesomeeee.

My Build

Comment

Wow FUCK YOU I wanted to do the first documented OBDII swap

Asshole.

Just kidding. Good luck mate, I want to see how this turns out. Had a talk with Technica too and they're going to do my ECU!
                    it should be identical to having a 24V OBD2 swap...delete EWS, EGR, airpump, and you'll be golden.
                    Originally posted by TSI
                    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                    OEM+

Comment

word up, btw your wiring harness went out yesterday (M50NV). meant to give you your tracking number but forgot. I'll get it to you in a PM. ;)

on another note for the OBDII stuff, I work with Dave(328ijunkie), the OBDII preacher. so there's no way he'd let me go OBDI, even if I wanted to. thanks for all the kind words. I'm getting really pumped. especially after seeing the heads back from the shop.

Comment

Going to have to say good luck again, this build REALLY excites me more than usual V8 builds.

Have you looked into the M62 ETM? The X20 pinouts should be identical to M60's X20 correct?
                        Originally posted by TSI
                        ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                        OEM+

Comment

Haven't looked too closely. I made a retarded mistake while cutting out the auto wiring and accidentally cut the ECU plug off. stupid. so we trashed the harness and are looking for another one. thats the only big thing(next to the driveshaft) we're missing. That being said, I don't do all the wiring crap, thats dave. I'm more of a put shit together and make it look good kinda guy.

Comment

Are you going to check the block?
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

sub'd

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                              Ig:ryno_pzk
                              I like the tuna here.
                              Originally posted by lambo
                              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                              X