Mosin nagant fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosin nagant fans?

1934 tula hex reciever, laminate stock. I plan on getting a brass stacker mount and scope eventually, also I really wanna refinish the wood. First thing I did was remove all the cosmoline that the gun seemed to be dipped in lol. Then I wanted a little more smoothness from the bolt so I polished it, I messed it up at first sanding it with way to abrasive 150 grit. But after little trial and error I figured out the right grit and polishing techniques.

Here's the day I got it.

After polishing the bolt.

My first Watermelon explosion

Let me know what you guys think. Should I go with a gloss finish? I'd love it to have that PRS guitar wet sanded a million times super sexy gloss look lol

Sweet nugget, man.

Really want to get my own sometime soon
    '91 325i

Comment

Yeah the only reason I can do it is because of how cheap they are. $189 at big 5, if you live anywhere but cali you can probably get them even cheaper, about 5-10 years ago they where flying off the shelves for $60-$100
      Mines in really good condition though so I don't mind paying a little more

Comment

I have been thinking of picking up a KAR 98 myself for something to play with.
        seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have a hex '34 Mosin

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Nice mosin! I have a m91/30, I refinished my stock and it makes a world of difference. I reloaded my ammo with the Lee hand kit, felt super barbaric using a hammer to reload.

Which range do you go to?

Comment

^
              Why reload when you can still buy 440 and 880 round span cans of Russian steel cased steel core projectile shit for 140-200 bucks a can. If you go this route try and find Cans marked Factory "F" it the better stuff, its slightly less corrosive a little more consistent and was supposed to guys issued Dragunov's IIRC. Hell lets face it you get with in 3-4 feet of your intended target with a 54r inside of a 1000 they are going to fall down and play dead anyway..... I know I would

If you can find them you want a Finnish M/N especially with the Sako barrels and a VKT stamp on the receiver, they were the accurized version. I have a long post somewhere on here about M/N and so on. But here this is the fun part

Posted this here somewhere as well
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

The out door range near LA doesn't allow steel ammo because the back drop is mostly dry grass and rocks which can cause fire. My reloads were more for plinking with noobs, the recoil for surplus ammo is no joke.

Comment

Mosin FTW. I got my '39 for $100 back in like 2008. All numbers matching from Tula. Has marks I read are from a Russian training camp.

These old guns are the coolest.

Really want to find another to make into a 45-70......then cut down to a Obrez.....
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

ok, now I want to shoot one. I know everything is a little more expensive and harder to get in Canada, but what is getting ammunition like for them? I can pick a rifle up online for like $150ish. Would likely be a range toy only anyway.
                    For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                    Originally posted by mbonanni
                    I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I want on but at the same time Ive heard they can be pieces of garbage. Ill probably still get one, one day.

Comment

I got one from 1945 I'll post pics soon my first gun ever and its a blast to shoot.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

How hard is it to find ammo ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                            How hard is it to find ammo ?
                            Easy. Just go to gun shows. or Cabelas I know they used to sell it. I wouldn't recommend cabelas though as I usually leave the store bankrupt cause I want everything haha

7.62x54r its a hell of a shot to haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I have an Izhevsk m91/30 and a German 8mm Mauser. Love them both but I will say the mosin has been stupidly fun and reliable while the Mauser was fun until it stopped firing after only 3 shots, from what I can tell the firing pin is the issue.

The recoil and flames that come out of the barrel is always cool, but I do want to add a rubber piece to the stock for my shoulder. I also want to get the shorter m44 version at some point.
                              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                              '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                              '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Working...
                              X