Mosin nagant fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shameson View Post
    I have an Izhevsk m91/30 and a German 8mm Mauser. Love them both but I will say the mosin has been stupidly fun and reliable while the Mauser was fun until it stopped firing after only 3 shots, from what I can tell the firing pin is the issue.

The recoil and flames that come out of the barrel is always cool, but I do want to add a rubber piece to the stock for my shoulder. I also want to get the shorter m44 version at some point.
    The m44 version is what I got kicks so much more. I got muzzle break for it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      The m44 version is what I got kicks so much more. I got muzzle break for it.
      I sold my M44 because no one other than myself wanted to shoot it and when I did I got mostly dirty looks and a few smiles due to the massive boom. It was a fun toy for a while, but once I got my SKS and AK it just didn't have the same enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
        I sold my M44 because no one other than myself wanted to shoot it and when I did I got mostly dirty looks and a few smiles due to the massive boom. It was a fun toy for a while, but once I got my SKS and AK it just didn't have the same enjoyment.
        I love my SKS along side the Mosin. I'll shoot the Mosin, then blow through some x39 with the SKS while my shoulder bruises. Makes the SKS feel like a pellet rifle.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
          My m44 is really my only "toy" gun that i just shoot when I'm bored. I got a whole arsenal for hunting though.
          2 .243's
          1 .270 short mag (makes a total mess of the deer's guts haha)
          1 4/10
          2 12 gauges
          5 .22's
          1 .357
          1 20 gauge

I'm a hilly billy that live in nebraska so its only natural to be strapped haha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
            I want on but at the same time Ive heard they can be pieces of garbage. Ill probably still get one, one day.
            From what I've read it's a product of being up to over 100 years old and through countless wars, and being designed to be used by pissed off drunk Russian farmers.
            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
            Originally posted by mbonanni
            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
              From what I've read it's a product of being up to over 100 years old and through countless wars, and being designed to be used by pissed off drunk Russian farmers.
              Any Mosin is better than a late war Mauser.

Difference?

The Russians were winning.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Picked up a '41 last year for $125. Then stumbled upon 850 rounds for $100. It is a blast and a workout to shoot/cycle the action.
                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Ammo is cheap you can get nice ppu ammo for $20 for 20 rounds you can get cheap wolf shit for $12 or you can get corrosive primered ammo at $90 for 440 rounds. You have to clean your gun really well and pretty much within a couple hours with that stuff though.
                  Last edited by T Verdier; 06-18-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

$75? something like that... '42 Ishevsk here. Shoots straight as an arrow, and doesn't require a 2x4 to use the bolt. SILKY smooth. I call her shockwave.

My brother has a 30's tula. The machining is sooooo much smoother, but it doesn't shoot as good. He also has a 43 Ishevsk that has a swastika, and 7 strikes underneath it.
                    Fun guns.
                    Last edited by TurboJake; 06-18-2014, 08:12 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                      $75 '42 Ishevsk here. Shoots straight as an arrow. I call her shockwave.

Kneeling on one knee is about the only way you can shoot the SOB's that is if you wanna shoot it more then once.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Im mad at big 5 because they told me it came with everything like a bayonet and tools etc. But it didn't. I raised a little hell I'm gonna try a little more.

Comment

Kneeling on one knee is about the only way you can shoot the SOB's that is if you wanna shoot it more then once.
                          I stand and shoot it too. Just a less accurately.......

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                            I stand and shoot it too. Just a less accurately.......
                            I can stand and shoot it to for about a 4-5 rounds then the weight sets in and I find my self not hitting shit. I don't get how them guys lugged these and all the other stuff they had around. 1 day of deer hunting and walking 5+ miles with that thing in my arms made me get my light weight .270

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I can stand and shoot it to for about a 4-5 rounds then the weight sets in and I find my self not hitting shit. I don't get how them guys lugged these and all the other stuff they had around. 1 day of deer hunting and walking 5+ miles with that thing in my arms made me get my light weight .270
                              Meh, they aren't all that heavy... To me, anyway. *shrug*

It should also be mentioned....

Aaaaannnnddd

Comment

Lol yea these guns are tanks. I honestly haven't shot mine for few years so it may have gotten a little lighter to me. I just know for sure that they feel like a ton of bricks when your used to having a ltw gun in your hands.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X