Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International friends- phone data abroad

Hey guys,

I'm going to be in Germany in a couple of days to drive on the nurburgring and visit frankfurt and such. I'm wondering whats the best solution for having phone data abroad? I'm just worried about getting lost at some points, or where I really need it (lets say for an UBER car in frankfurt).
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

boost mobile dog

Comment

Verizon does $25 for 100 Megs. Worked out
      For me during a wkd in Montreal
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I just went to europe including germany. I just relied on wifi. Free at many hotels. And somehow GPS worked still when i was in airplane mode. There is also free wifi at mcdonalds
        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
          I just went to europe including germany. I just relied on wifi. Free at many hotels. And somehow GPS worked still when i was in airplane mode. There is also free wifi at mcdonalds
          Yup, just got back from doing the exact same thing - Lots of free wifi in most restaurants, all train stations, hotels, and McDs. Never really felt that i was stuck
          1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
          1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
          1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
          My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

T-Mobile has great service.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

T-Mobile can suk my BALLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              thank god I finally woke up to being robbed by telekom for over 15 years.

there are alot of cheap pre-paid cards that you can buy from companies like FONIC, most larger stores sell them, cheap and good.

Comment

I used my 100 megs mainly for waze and yelp
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                  T-Mobile can suk my BALLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  thank god I finally woke up to being robbed by telekom for over 15 years.

there are alot of cheap pre-paid cards that you can buy from companies like FONIC, most larger stores sell them, cheap and good.
                  Yes but if he has existing T-mobile I believe Data and text are free while abroad.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

You might also want to look into seeing if you can get prepaid "data only" cards in DE (i know you could in italy). if your phone's unlocked it'll be worth it!
                    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

I paid 25 euro for 100 minutes, 100 texts and 1gb data in Italy. Similar prepaid deals exist all over, the up front cost to get the SIM and sign up is what kills you, I topped it up another 15 euro and had it the whole 6 weeks and it was enough. Be prepared to give your passport info to get it though.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Working...
                      X