No announcement yet.

Oldskoole34's 1987 ETA coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice progress. I love the Euro bumpers. I put them on my ETA last year...they look so much better.

With regard to the rears sticking out, loosen the nuts on the inside where the center portion bolts to the side sections. That will let the side sections slide a bit and match the curvature of the car properly. Then just tighten them up again once it's in the right place. You'll probably have to take the bumper on and off a few times.

Seal all the holes up real well. FWIW, I just ordered the Zender replica rear valance from these guys to cover up my diving board shock holes and stuff in the rear. www.classiceuroparts.com
    -Nick
    sigpic
    1986 325es || 1998 M3 sedan || 2003 330ci

~Looking for a left side early tail light, or a set of early tails~

Comment

Oldskoole34's 1987 ETA coupe.

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
      Wow this looks good. Nice wheel and manual windows

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Like it quiet a bit myself.

Originally posted by fiveightandten View Post
      Nice progress. I love the Euro bumpers. I put them on my ETA last year...they look so much better.

With regard to the rears sticking out, loosen the nuts on the inside where the center portion bolts to the side sections. That will let the side sections slide a bit and match the curvature of the car properly. Then just tighten them up again once it's in the right place. You'll probably have to take the bumper on and off a few times.

Seal all the holes up real well. FWIW, I just ordered the Zender replica rear valance from these guys to cover up my diving board shock holes and stuff in the rear. www.classiceuroparts.com

Thanks for the tip. Ill try that. Makes sense I guess giving some slack to the mid section.

I have been looking at these guys stuff for a while and their free world wide shipping is very appealing. I am thinking of going with a full m-tech 1 kit but prob not this year. Got a guy on local kijiji ( like Craigslist but way better) selling an original zender front. But its been up since last year bc he wants 600 for it. And doesn't budge on the price. But i like that kit too.

Got some better pics of the interior today and tested out the new wheel. Love it. The only complain is how far back the turn signal control and the wiper lever are from the wheel. Didn't think about this when choosing the style. Its ok though i can still reach without taking the hand off the wheel. Just have to get used to it.

Last edited by Oldskoole34; 05-22-2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

A sneak peek at the next phase of the project:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!
          sigpic
          1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
          I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
            Nice!

Thank you

And wheel 1 done. Just need to silicone it. But that will be done when the other 3 are ready.
            Im not really refurbishing them. Just cleaning up the barrels/ faces and swapping the lips.
            Theyll be 15x8.5, 15x9

Comment

Awesome car! We are on similar paths :up:
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

No updates for a while but. Got around to installing the rear catuned coils today. And pretty disappointed with the drop I got.

Anyone running these and how low did they take the rear? Did you keep all the spring pads (top, bottom, the one on the perch itself)?

They went down only about 50mm at the lowest setting. I understand that they may settle a bit but they are still 40mm away from being level with the tire....

Any input appreciated.

Comment

Wether has been extra crappy. However managed to get a few things done over the Christmas break.

Did rear stabilizer links and installed rear coilovers.
                  And so far only one side of the front where I installed coilover, new Bosch break pads (old ones were dusting too much), tie rod assembley, stabilizer link.

Couldn't get to the top control arm bolt, so will be taking it to the shop when the weather improves to do control arms, bushings, rtabs and rear subframe bushings. Just dont have the kind of time those jobs take at the moment.

And then I got to the fun part: trying on wheels.

The front BBS rm's: 15x8.5

Still need to get tires for these. Thinking of going 195-50-15 or somewhere there.

And option 2: my buddy picked these up for a killer price and brought them straight to my house! These are 15x8 and are not real schmidts.

These have tires mounted and I never thought 185/60/15 would actually be even remotely acceptable. I was proven wrong.

Need hub rings and spacers for these tho. Hub rings already ordered.

Comment

Im liking this thread. Keep it up
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Man, that interior looks cozy!

Comment

Nice job so far! As far as the turn signals just bent them back a bit w a towel and a set of pliers
                        www.instagram.com/snwmble
                        #snwmble

Current:
                        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Oooo I want to see more of the meshes.

Comment

I love the way that interior turned out.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Thanks for the love guys. Cant wait to finish the suspension and wheels.
                              The weather is too crazy to be doing something even in the garage[emoji33]which isnt insulated.

Got centercaps arrived from JBW for the wheels. Got hub rings. Waiting for Eibach spacers to arrive along with extended wheel bolts from Bimmerworld.

From the last day I drove it last year. Spotting the jimmy hill lip, new turn signals, and euro grills.

The weather turned super nasty and my tires were balding so I had to hydroplane to my house 30km. Probably the most stressful drive I ever made.

Cant wait for better weather now. Really considering moving to Costa Rica. [emoji267]
                              They got e30s there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoole34 View Post
                                No updates for a while but. Got around to installing the rear catuned coils today. And pretty disappointed with the drop I got.

Anyone running these and how low did they take the rear? Did you keep all the spring pads (top, bottom, the one on the perch itself)?

They went down only about 50mm at the lowest setting. I understand that they may settle a bit but they are still 40mm away from being level with the tire....

Any input appreciated.

It's been a while but if I remember my eta sat higher or the arches were higher I can't remember. So the typical drop others saw I did not. I had kW 60/40 springs and had awful rake. I ended up going with GC coil overs and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X