No announcement yet.

'91 318is OEM+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, back from the dead. I ended up selling the car last year to another forum member for financial reasons, but like the old saying goes, If you love something, let it go. If it returns, it's yours. This proved legit and I was able to get it back (Thanks $hane). Couple issues, odometer went out, and it throws a CEL under throttle on the freeway. Nothing that kept the car from making the 500+ mile trek around Sac, the bay area and back home to the Reno area. Super stoked to have it back! Since we love pics:

Comment

Congrats on getting your old car back !

Comment

that's great. I had 2 318is which i dearly miss. Hope not to make that mistake again!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys, I’ll have some updates in store when I get some time off.

Comment

Looking forward to the progress and inspiration

Comment

SWEET! Was any major work done on the car since you last had it? What's on your list of to-dos at this point? Looking forward to following a fellow AW 318is thread!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                SWEET! Was any major work done on the car since you last had it? What's on your list of to-dos at this point? Looking forward to following a fellow AW 318is thread!
                Thanks Mike! Seeing your AW 318is build is honestly a big reason I missed the car. It's pretty much as I sold it. I have some new odometer gears on the way so the mileage can remain fairly accurate, there's some vibration coming from the driveline so a new guibo will be getting installed, A/C service with R-12, fixing the vacuum leak throwing the CEL, some new axle boots since they've seen better days and a good top to bottom detailing/paint correction. There's a ton more stuff I have planned, but that's the short list for now.

Comment

So much for OEM+...

Comment

haha that escalated quickly!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sub’d
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Small Update: got these rad boots from 2M. Definitely recommend, Matt makes high quality pieces.

Still waiting on a M20 flywheel to get the S52 swap rolling

Comment

I feel like this thread has now become OEM++++++++

Comment

Going to use the g240?
                            We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
                              Going to use the g240?
                              Yep, I’ve heard mixed experiences with it, but it’s not my daily so I’m not too worried if it blows up.

Comment

There was some delay with the flywheel getting resurfaced, but I got busy doing other ish in the meantime.

Out with the old

Cleaned the engine bay; Anybody know how to get cosmoline off without stripping paint?

Last edited by Tisoc; 01-29-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X