Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic request...GC's 6in front 5.5in rear Side shots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic request...GC's 6in front 5.5in rear Side shots...

Like the title says I need to see some pic's of some GC's 6in front and 5.5in rear. I am looking to buy these and want to see the drop. Please post info with the pics. I have scoured the forums but no one states if there GC's are the short ones.

Thanks

Dude this thread is pretty useless .

With either spring lenghts you can still adjust them so the free lenght is not a good judgement to go by .
    Also have to consider the spring rates .

Plus 6.0 is not short on the front .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

yeah, damn :( I am just trying to find a solution to my springs but not trying to shell out lots of money on a full coilover setup. I guess I will just have to start saving. I thought that maybe the shortened GC's could go pretty low I am looking to go about 60-70mm front and 40-50 rear with super high spring rates. If these can go down 60-70mm in the front I am there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
        Dude this thread is pretty useless .

With either spring lenghts you can still adjust them so the free lenght is not a good judgement to go by .
        Also have to consider the spring rates .

Plus 6.0 is not short on the front .
        I guess I am asking for pics and info because the site says that they provide a 1.75 inch adjustable drop, and I was curious if that was the taller spring setup. My stock springs measured out to about 13.5in with out load, the kw springs were 8.5 in with out load so I was thinking that if the GC's spring length was 6in and with 2.75 inch of adjustability I could go pretty damn low. If so then the 6 inch compared to the 8 inch would be able to drop 2.75 inches. Does that make sense? HAHA maybe I have been on the comp to long and Im losing my mind.
        Last edited by 8atman; 05-15-2007, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Just suck it up and get a coil-over kit even if just for the front .

You can then buy different springs all day long for $75 a pair shipped all day long .

But I would just say get the waht you would think is the lower set-up and then you can always raise it as needed .
          You can even resort to shimming it up if you run out of adjustment .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Well as of right now I just ordered my 10mm rear spring pads, if that helps eliminate the rubbing then I will just keep the setup I have now and start saving for coilovers. The cheapest price I found was $1500 :( damn man even the e46 guys have a super cheap coilover setup WTF!!!

So would anyone know about the GC's?

Comment

The springs are shorter but they are stiffer, so a 6" spring is not automatically going to give you a 2" drop over an 8" spring since it won't compress easily as much as the softer and longer spring imho.

the gc coilover kit is about $400 retail and you can order them with different spring height/length as you please. I have not measured how low my car is but here is how it sits, but I didn't want to slam it and it can go lower. sorry, this is the best picture I got to show it's drop, not the best.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

nice, well your drop looks pretty solid, I am assuming those are 14 rims with 195 60 14's? Can your rear go any lower? Do you have any side shots? I do understand that a stiffer rate will not go as low due to it not compressing but 6in spring compared to the 13.5 is a bit of difference. I'm just trying to figure out a solid estimate and get an idea. Jean if you have time and could help me out could you measure your fender to ground on front and rear and let me know how much more you can go? Thanks again

Ash-

Comment

Correct on the rim/tire size. Front and rear can go lower, let me go measure it for you and i'll take a picture on a level ground.

- front and back ground to fender is at almost exactly 24" . Front can go lower maybe another 1/2" to an inch, rear can go about 1" lower easy. Can't find my dslr right now, so pics will have to wait.
                  Last edited by Jean; 05-15-2007, 05:34 PM.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Just slam it

Comment

hell yeah!!! are those 14" wheels? What size tire is on those? I sent you a pm about your setup.

Anyway I spoke with GC today and I told them what I was looking to do with my setup and they suggested a:

5.5 inch front spring with a spring rate of 500 and a 2.25 id
                      5 inch rear spring with a spring rate of 675 and a 2.5 id

Do you guys think that setup will give me the stance and drop I am looking to get? I am aiming to get the same stance as my kw springs but another inch of lowering adjustment in the front. I am also aware that I will have to cut and re weld a collar on the front strut tube for extra low clearance.

Well any help with this would be great.

Thanks

Ash

Oh an I just got my skid plate for added protection if anyone is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                        Correct on the rim/tire size. Front and rear can go lower, let me go measure it for you and i'll take a picture on a level ground.

- front and back ground to fender is at almost exactly 24" . Front can go lower maybe another 1/2" to an inch, rear can go about 1" lower easy. Can't find my dslr right now, so pics will have to wait.

Thanks Jean I just measured my fender to ground measurement

f:23 1/2
                        r:22 1/4 in

What is the length of your wheel? What spring length and rates are you running?
                        thanks again for your help it is greatly appreciated.

Ash-

Comment

I measured my wheel size and its 22in in diameter, if your wheels are 24in in diameter which and you are at 24in fender to ground and can get another inch lower say 23 fender to ground measurement that should put me and my 22in wheel at about 23-22in in front and rear. Does that make sense? I am trying to break it down and give myself a solid estimate. Oh what size springs and rates do you have?

Thanks

Ash-

Comment

oh and I used this site for help...

good stuff here...

Comment

bump for some opinions and info :)

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X