Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic request...GC's 6in front 5.5in rear Side shots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8atman View Post
    bump for some opinions and info :)

thanks

Ok back with some more info and calculations.

first off Jean I will need to know your spring rates and spring sizes

what I have figured out... your wheel and tire combo according to this diagram...http://www.sstire.com/tireheights.html is 23.2 in my wheel and tire combo is 22.6. If this is true we only have a .6 in difference in wheel size.

you mentioned that you could go a full inch lower on both the front and rear of your car. If you could go as low as 23 in all around your fender gap would be around .2 inches that would put my gap at a .6 inch gap or so. Mind you my tires are stretched which means I loss about .4 inches so lets say I would have about an inch of fender gap. Does all this make sense? I will go ahead an pm you and see what you think. Thanks again for all your help. I am getting very close to getting the answer I need.

Thanks

Ash-

Comment

Dude, you are thinking way too hard about all this. Just get some coilovers and you will be able to get your car plenty low. There is no need to do all these calculations to estimate how low you will be able to go.

I have my car low enough that my headers scrape going over almost any speedbump, and I still probably have another inch I could go lower if I wanted to.

Plus, if you cut your strut tubes shorter, you will get increased suspension travel and you will have the ability to go even lower...

Anyway I spoke with GC today and I told them what I was looking to do with my setup and they suggested a:

5.5 inch front spring with a spring rate of 500 and a 2.25 id
      5 inch rear spring with a spring rate of 675 and a 2.5 id
      That's an interesting setup they suggested. I wonder why they told you to get a 2.25" spring in the front and a 2.5" in the rear... I have the opposite on mine.

I would go with the C3 Motorsport coilover kit if I were you. I have the kit on my car and I feel it is far superior to the Ground control kit. Plus, there is a group buy going on right now for it...

-Erik

Comment

Ok back with some more info and calculations.

first off Jean I will need to know your spring rates and spring sizes

what I have figured out... your wheel and tire combo according to this diagram...http://www.sstire.com/tireheights.html is 23.2 in my wheel and tire combo is 22.6. If this is true we only have a .6 in difference in wheel size.

you mentioned that you could go a full inch lower on both the front and rear of your car. If you could go as low as 23 in all around your fender gap would be around .2 inches that would put my gap at a .6 inch gap or so. Mind you my tires are stretched which means I loss about .4 inches so lets say I would have about an inch of fender gap. Does all this make sense? I will go ahead an pm you and see what you think. Thanks again for all your help. I am getting very close to getting the answer I need.

Thanks

Ash-
        Ash,

I am on stock basketweaves, tires are Falken Azenis RT615s in 195/60r14 size. The front springs are 6"" and rear is 5" in length, I am also using GC front camber plates.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah I know I am getting to into this but I like to research what I am buying before I dive in to a purchase. I will give GC a call today and figure out a couple last questions.

Thanks again everyone for there help.

Ash-

Comment

I have those lengths, with 375/475 rates. Search for any of my pics, in all of them my front adjuster is around 3/4" from the bottom of the sleeve, and the rear is in the top half of the sleeve. Stock length housings.

-Jay

Comment

cool thanks.

Ash-

Comment

Hey Ash,

So the KWs aren't low enough and your going coilover?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                  Hey Ash,

So the KWs aren't low enough and your going coilover?
                  HAHA yeah looks like it lol. I also need stiffer rates to rock my 0et. I am just working out the kinks of running coils but as of now yes. We should get together and get a roller I have a feeling I will need to get my car a little more dialed in. Give me a call...

Ash-

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    I have those lengths, with 375/475 rates. Search for any of my pics, in all of them my front adjuster is around 3/4" from the bottom of the sleeve, and the rear is in the top half of the sleeve. Stock length housings.

-Jay

Thanks Jay,

I sent you a PM

Ash-

Comment

Yea that would be awesome. But I guess you guys have better roads up north, plus I live in ghetto because I can't imagine how you can drive something that stiff and low. I'm not going to summer school either so I'll have some time. You gonna sell the old suspension?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                        Yea that would be awesome. But I guess you guys have better roads up north, plus I live in ghetto because I can't imagine how you can drive something that stiff and low. I'm not going to summer school either so I'll have some time. You gonna sell the old suspension?

yeah me neither I haven't had a break from college for way to long. Give me a call. I think I lost your number shoot me a PM. I already have a buyer for the springs and I am just going to run the kw shortened struts and shocks, with the GC's. I am waiting on a call from E-rich to finalize some extra questions then I am gonna order my ish.

I am also working out picking up some 16's :)

Got to love moding it never fuggin stops.

Comment

You have some wierd ass logic in your calculations.

You are going to have to buy a full coil over kit anyways, because you are not going to be able to get away with running 500/750lb rates with your KW shocks.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

ok elaborate...

Comment

Shocks have to be "stiff" enough to deal with the high spring rates of linear GC springs. Your KW springs are probably about 1/3 as stiff as 500/750 GC's, therefore you will have an extremely shitty/bouncy ride and probably blow the KW shocks sooner rather than later.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                                Shocks have to be "stiff" enough to deal with the high spring rates of linear GC springs. Your KW springs are probably about 1/3 as stiff as 500/750 GC's, therefore you will have an extremely shitty/bouncy ride and probably blow the KW shocks sooner rather than later.

ahhh crap. Well we will see what I will end up doing. I think the ST springs I have now are around the same rates of the ie3's so a 500-750 would be a bit more but not as bad as you are thinking. Regardless I understand what you are saying and I will start working out my next step. I talked to E-rich today and he recommended running no more the 450f 700r for a daily driver. I think I will call up GC tomorrow and speak with Jay and get some more answers.

Thanks again

Ash-

Great photos by the way :)

Comment

Working...
                                X