Pretty good 0-62 time for a standard 318is E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob View Post
    8.8 isn't that good, at all, but the 318 is still a fun car to drive...
    Well guys, I bought this one solely for track driving so 0-62 (8.8 sec) time is not so important. HOWEVER, since the time was over one second better than factory promises I just wanted to check whether anyone elso has got similar results.

The time would indicate that actually the motor has ~150hp instead of 136hp. Total BMW- magazine had a dynoday and almost all standard 318is resulted ~150hp.

SNOWFIEND: At this stage I trying get rid of the weight. I'm going to get lighter wheels and possibly a chip. Nothing drastic since I can beat the hell out of the 325's in the track. ¤ cylinder e30 is so balanced and atleast here in Finland the tracks favours lighter cars, power is not so important. I have already installed Weitec/KW 60/40 Ultra GT suspension set and new brakes.

Comment

I think 150hp at the crank is pretty optimistic. and 8.8 0-100 is pretty damn slow...
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I have a question though, can an e30 be fast?!?!
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

wow you guys are pricks. Theres no need to be that fucked up about shit. He's asking a question, and he seems to be interested about stuff. wtf?

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
            I have a question though, can an e30 be fast?!?!
            Ask e-rich, 02tii or anyone else that has ridden in my turbo car... they will say yes...
            :: PNW Crew ::
            '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Measuring the 0-60 time in a 318is is...kind of like measuring the aerodynamic drag of a UPS truck. Driving backwards. No one is going to be impressed and it will only make the owner feel that much worse about having a car that is stupid slow in a straight line. It's a damn good thing it makes up for it in the handling department though.

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                I think 150hp at the crank is pretty optimistic. and 8.8 0-100 is pretty damn slow...
                ?? Wierd forum you have here. I was not bragging about the 318is's 0-62 time, was JUST WONDERING the time since it was over one second quicker than the factory promises. I just asked if anyone else has had similar results. If it is "normal" then I won't bother to investigate possible mods done to it. As I told, I have owned the car just two weeks.

"8.8 0-100 is pretty damn slow" ??? What was the point of this clever remark? Compared to what, maybe to Formula One, but what about to other stock 318is?

Please continue dropping shit, it seems that it is the best thing you can do.
                Last edited by Frankiez; 05-29-2007, 08:04 AM.

Comment

I can do 8.8 in my e30.....

if i shift at 4.7k...........

Comment

SPECIFICATIONS SALES FIGURES PRICING COLORS 318i (1984-1985) ENGINE/TRANSMISSIONM10 1766cc SOHC chain-driven inline 4, 2 valves/cylinder, cast crankshaft101 hp @ 5800 RPM103 lb-ft torque @ 4500 RPM…
                    Recent Rebranding!!
                    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                    E30 SM62/S62
                    E30 M60 V8
                    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                    Instagram.com/garageaholic
                    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

There is no accurate performance results for 318is. And I already know that the BMW has specified 0-62 time to be 9.9 sec. There is 0-60 time 9.8 sec.
                      Last edited by Frankiez; 05-29-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I can chirp third gear if that is worth anything 8)
                        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

But can you chirp in 3rd gear while standing still?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiez View Post
                            ?? Wierd forum you have here. I was not bragging about the 318is's 0-62 time, was JUST WONDERING the time since it was over one second quicker than the factory promises. I just asked if anyone else has had similar results. If it is "normal" then I won't bother to investigate possible mods done to it. As I told, I have owned the car just two weeks.

"8.8 0-100 is pretty damn slow" ??? What was the point of this clever remark? Compared to what, maybe to Formula One, but what about to other stock 318is?

Please continue dropping shit, it seems that it is the best thing you can do.
                            There's a thread going around with E30 and their ability to "street race" against ricers like b16 integras and the like. Seems to have touched a few nerves.

I would give you some tech, but I have no real experience with 318's.:(
                            '89 325i track sloot
                            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                              But can you chirp in 3rd gear while standing still?
                              i could, but my clutch would kill me if i did. :(
                              Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

I love how everyone on this site thinks its the end of the world to street race but its alright to rip around corners on public roads cause thats what bmws were made for....:roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X