well I'm now a member of the R3V'd E30 club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I'm now a member of the R3V'd E30 club

So I got on the throttle a little too early on wet pavement and fishtailed... I tried to catch it but it whipped the other way and I ended up going sideways into a lamp post. The post hit the front passenger side fender right behind the wheel. The passenger side footwell buckled, glovebox won't open and I'm afraid the strut tower has moved a bit. I'll try to get some pics up soon. I'm still debating if I'm going to part it and say goodbye to E30s for a while, try to fix it or find a suitable shell and swap the good parts over.

Everyone tells me "it's only sheet metal, you're okay that's what is important" and I totally agree.. but still this sucks big time! I really didn't need that now!

Well I'm out, I need some sleep!

Sorry to hear about that. At least you had the stones to man up and actually admit that you fucked up, that's more than most of the kiddies that ball up their cars can say.

If you indeed did damage to the strut tower, it's definitely a part-out car. I bought an 89 325i about 2 years ago that I later found out had a damaged driver side strut tower, and immediatley parted it out. A '90 325is will net GOOD money in parting it out, so you should be able to recoop a pretty good amount of scratch to get a new car, or just get some money together and find a shell.

Comment

My car was hit on the pass side and was fixed. It did something to the strut tower but who ever fixed it got the car to drive fine. But if i can find another early body (a burgundrot car) i can allways take every thing off of mine and put onto it. Only bad thing about my car is that repair they did from that wreck, other then that it's a rust free car.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Wow, man that sucks. Do you have any pictures?

Comment

Sorry to hear. Everyone has to learn the hard way to take it easy. Best of luck with whatever you decide on the car.

Comment

Hey dont worry, just learn from your mistakes, in terms of choices and when to lay into the throttle. ;)

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Thank you guys! I snapped a couple of pics after work today. For the moment I'm looking for a replacement shell but I might end up parting it!

This will most certainly not buff right out!!

Crack in battery tray/strut tower seam. There are a couple of these cracks here and there on the passenger side, So I'm positive everything is not where it should be

Comment

damn, you gotta wreck at least one e30 in your lifetime.

you learned your lesson though....

Comment

Man, that sucks. I nearly curb-checked my car in a similar situation. I got lucky. Hopefully things will work out and you can still have an E30.

If you part it, I call dibs on the rear bumper and mybe even the driver's side fender.
                  '89 325i track sloot
                  '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

I came close to a similar situation so I know that feeling. I was flying down an exit ramp in the rain and lost complete control of the car. Once I landed in the grassy area inside of the cloverleaf all I could do is sit there and wait for the impact. Luckly I ended up stuck in a ditch on a pile of those giant silver dranage rocks that they put around the bottom of bridges and overpasses.

Just simply hammer the wheel well back down, go get a fender, slap it on, paint it up real nice, and sell it on Craigslist. Nobody will ever know the difference.

But seriously- this is an example of how someone can easily patch up an otherwise totalled car and sell it in an auction and some unsuspecting buyer will never know the difference. And then as the crack around the strut gets bigger the new owner will wonder why the car keeps pulling diagonally.

Oh.. and if you have a conscience and plan to part it out anyway, I call dibs on the fogs!

Comment

wow. well, atleast it's not "that" bad. if you part out, pm me!!

Comment

Working...
                      X