projector headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

projector headlights

k im looking on ebay and i see 3 types of aftermarket headlights for the e30
    ones the smile
    BMW E30 3 SERIES 83-92 EURO ELLIPSOID SMILEY HEADLIGHTS</IMG>
    the other is the HALO84-91 BMW E30 3-SERIES HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT 325 M3</IMG>

and the last
    BMW E30 ELLIPSOID ANGEL EYE *XENON* HID HEADLIGHTS M3</IMG>
    the ellipsoid has a blue glow and are about double the price.
    is there a difference from the 2 above from this one?. im guessin its the blue glow.
    are the above 2 good? fill me in guys ?
    anyone have them?:D
    </IMG>
    Firetruck?!?!?!

Don't know about the first link, but the other 2 are garbage. Cheap plastic housings with plastic lenses.

My suggestion is to pick up a nice set of used OEM euro ellipsoids. It's the only way to go.

Comment

even a set of us elips will work better than any ebay light.

Comment

:D soo go oem? can one of yall link me a site please?
        Firetruck?!?!?!

Comment

You can find oem stuff on ebay. Try there as well as the FS section here.
          Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

You know...

I have the set in that third link and I have an opinion about it.....Because I actually HAVE it...
            I bought a blacked out angel eyes set without the xenon. I bought separate 8000k xenon from Mcolloch, which is a very good company...
            I put laminx on the front of the lenses. You can't even tell it's there. I have not had any problem with crackage, condensation, burnt angel eye bulbs or light output dissatisfaction. You must take care of them if you want them to last, like ANY other mod you do to your car.

If you want them, if you like how they look and it goes with the decor of your car, then fuckin do it.
            You wanted to go aftermarket in the beginning of the thread, now you want OEM. Make up your mind and do what YOU want. If you get the angel eyes, I suggest laminx to prevent pitting or an unexpected large stone, but don't not do it because other people says it looks gay. And trust me, not everybody on this forum will be happy with a mod you make. It's the nature of the beast.
            Recent Rebranding!!
            Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
            E30 SM62/S62
            E30 M60 V8
            E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
            Instagram.com/garageaholic
            Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Not to make this thread a learning session on how to buy on ebay, but look at both of those sellers feedback ratings.
              Anyone with less than a 99% feedback rating should be avoided. If it is bellow 99% it means the seller is more than likely selling crap, or not taking care of his/hers customers.
              And now back to the r3v thread bashers. :hitler:

Comment

I have a set of the angel eye lights and had no problem with them, the lenses are glass and they never leaked. But i could tell a difference in the light output, the OEM Hella euro ellips that i have in my car now has a better light pattern to them.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

hey thanks frank. this really helps me in my decision. those lights are what im going to get. thanks for replying to this. w/o your post i would of taken a chance buying those lights w/o knowledge.

::High Five:::D
                  Firetruck?!?!?!

Comment

If you could post some pics of the car, I'd love to see how it would look. Thanks and good luck!
                    Recent Rebranding!!
                    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                    E30 SM62/S62
                    E30 M60 V8
                    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                    Instagram.com/garageaholic
                    Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by M3fan4eva View Post
                      You know...

I have the set in that third link and I have an opinion about it.....Because I actually HAVE it...
                      I bought a blacked out angel eyes set without the xenon. I bought separate 8000k xenon from Mcolloch, which is a very good company...
                      I put laminx on the front of the lenses. You can't even tell it's there. I have not had any problem with crackage, condensation, burnt angel eye bulbs or light output dissatisfaction. You must take care of them if you want them to last, like ANY other mod you do to your car.

If you want them, if you like how they look and it goes with the decor of your car, then fuckin do it.
                      You wanted to go aftermarket in the beginning of the thread, now you want OEM. Make up your mind and do what YOU want. If you get the angel eyes, I suggest laminx to prevent pitting or an unexpected large stone, but don't not do it because other people says it looks gay. And trust me, not everybody on this forum will be happy with a mod you make. It's the nature of the beast.
                      Good point, i agree totally it is your car.

The first link look to be hellas, i have smoked hella euros and they are great.

If you want noe id definatly go

Otherwise just search the classifieds on here and you will find some, they have been coming up pretty frequently and at good prices latley!
                      Dan Zickel
                      1995 M3, 1991 318iS, 1987 325iS

Comment

Working...
                      X