Title Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title Question

My car was in an accident last year and insurance totaled it. I purchased the vehicle back from them, making the vehicle have a rebuilt title. I never got the title. It wasn't until I decided to sell it did I realize i didn't have it. Now that I requested it, it came in with the name of the insurance company.

My question, I am selling the vehicle. It's not currently driveable anyway. Do I need to title it in my name before I sell it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

If you have reason to believe that another person or entity owns the vehicle (like seeing the title with another name on it) it would be unlawful to sell it.

You should work with your insurer to rectify the ownership/titling issue.

Comment

Yea sounds like the insurance never finished transferring he vehicle back to you.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

So I called them this morning, and the rep was surprised by what I was saying, stating the vehicle should have been put in my name. So she spoke to a colleague and came back saying that apparently this is the way florida does it.

As the plot thickens, I went to the DMV this morning to pay to go ahead and put it in my name. Come to find out, the title is "rebuildable" not "rebuilt". So they want me to go down to a special office do complete the process. Well, speaking with them its a 3 weeks process and I have to get a bunch of paperwork and bring my vehicle up to them to have it inspected to make sure its road worthy. Well my vehicle isn't running, and the office is an hour away. The inspection process will cost additional money and even more if I have to tow it up there for inspection. And who knows what they will say upon inspection, since our state doesn't do annual inspections/emission testing.

Its not worth it to me. I'm just going to sell it as parts. Which sucks because I feel like insurance and the Florida DMV screwed me.

1987 BMW 325ic - Emma

Comment

Working...
        X