Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What suspension and wheels should I get

My 88 cabrio is on stock supension and wheels and im looking to getting coils and wheels but i dont want to go too low. What wheels and tires will fit good for daily driving and a little bit of stance? (on the low because i dont have too much to spend)

/var/folders/wj/hynw7q1d035683nlwk252n1m0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_1071.jpeg

/var/folders/wj/hynw7q1d035683nlwk252n1m0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_1053.jpeg

Comment

Hello guys,
      I have a stock 90 325i
      I’m looking at wheels

17x8 1/2 j
      20 offset all 4
      Tire size 235/40-17 front
      245/35-17 rear

Would they fit? Rubbing?

Thank you

Comment

Need some info on what tires/rims to run. I am using the nasieg 5 lug kit which pushes the front out by 12.5mm and e30m3 stock offset in rear with 12.5mm spacer.

I am looking for tires in 205/45r17 or 215/40r17 and have access to a 17x8 Borbet type T or 17x7.5 MContours (2 are reps).

I have the Borbets on now and dont like how they handle and I have rub issues with the 225/45r17s on the car right now.

1. Should I run the 17x7.5 Mcontours? Will that improve handling?
        2. Can I safely fit a 205/45 on the 17x8?
        3. Which tire can I run without rolling fenders? I'd like to be able to run the wheel liners and fog ducts/plates.
        4. Looking at these two tires, on a budget, opinions? I just need an everyday all season tire that can handle the occasional spirited driving and will wear well. I will run winter tires December - April.

a. 205/45r17 General AS-05
        b. 215/40r17 Nitto Neogen

5. Can I run a 84 load rating? I will be traveling cross country with all my ski gear and a lot of weight in the car. I know the stock load rating is 89.

Thanks!

Pics for comparison:

Stock vs 215/40

Stock vs 205/45

205/45 vs 215/40
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
        I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

ESR SR03 WHEEL will +30 be too agressive??

Looking at these for my 323i Baur TC
          Sizes are 17x8.5 +30 | 17x9.5 +30 what tyres will i need?
          Will they create stretch or poke to fit??
          Happy to bolt on flares if required!

Thanks in advance for any help

Comment

BBS RM ET33 fitment

So I recently acquired a clean set of BBS RM 15 x 6.5 ET33 rims.

I was thinking about installing 205 55 15 Yok S drive tires.

the car will be lowered on HR sport and billy sport shocks.

Would anyone have experience with this particular set up?

I haven't put the tires on the rims yet and was wondering will I need spacers and if so what size and will it require longer wheel bolts?

thanks a bunch.
            sigpic

Comment

How to fit my Borbet B's 9j et15 all round on my E30

Hi there

Don't know if this thr3ad is still up and running but need some advice.

I have a 325i convertible 1991 with h&r cup springs and shocks 60mm drop front 40mm drop rear

I want to put on my 16x9 Borbet B alloys with 205/40/16s on the car with ET15.

Currently they are rubbing against the struts and are poking a little...

Any advice on how to get them on please

Thanks

Ozzy

Comment

This thread is no longer answered. Just pick a size of wheel +offset and search this thread. Thats the best you will get people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hershwon View Post
                  Looking at these for my 323i Baur TC
                  Sizes are 17x8.5 +30 | 17x9.5 +30 what tyres will i need?
                  Will they create stretch or poke to fit??
                  Happy to bolt on flares if required!

Thanks in advance for any help

+30 is the opposite of aggressive. The lower the number the more aggressive the wheel will be. +30 will be fine, although it depends on how wide you go. You may actually want a spacer to push them out further. The stretch as to do with tire size not offset.

I am running 16x8 225/45R16 with an Et23, they fit perfect, I can even push them out a bit further if I wanted.
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeker View Post
                    So I recently acquired a clean set of BBS RM 15 x 6.5 ET33 rims.

I was thinking about installing 205 55 15 Yok S drive tires.

the car will be lowered on HR sport and billy sport shocks.

Would anyone have experience with this particular set up?

I haven't put the tires on the rims yet and was wondering will I need spacers and if so what size and will it require longer wheel bolts?

thanks a bunch.
                    I would do at least 10mm spacers on this you could go more to even 20mm. Yes you will require longer bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy2006 View Post
                      Hi there

Don't know if this thr3ad is still up and running but need some advice.

I have a 325i convertible 1991 with h&r cup springs and shocks 60mm drop front 40mm drop rear

I want to put on my 16x9 Borbet B alloys with 205/40/16s on the car with ET15.

Currently they are rubbing against the struts and are poking a little...

Any advice on how to get them on please

Thanks

Ozzy
                      Do you have a pic? Odd that they are rubbing on the struts and poking at the same time. The rim is a bit wide, but the tire is pretty thin, I would think if anything it would look pretty stretched.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                        +30 is the opposite of aggressive. The lower the number the more aggressive the wheel will be. +30 will be fine, although it depends on how wide you go. You may actually want a spacer to push them out further. The stretch as to do with tire size not offset.

I am running 16x8 225/45R16 with an Et23, they fit perfect, I can even push them out a bit further if I wanted.
                        I have been looking for wheels for my E30 323i Baur for over a year now and have decided to custom make a set of Work CR01's.
                        If you were custom making a set of 16x8 front and 16x8.5 rear setup what is the perfect offset and tyre combo.
                        I was thinking +22 front and +10 rear. Maybe also o disk to get more dish on the rear! A disk on front to clear brakes tho.

What are your thoughts.

Glad to see someone helping out us noobs again appreciate it mate

Comment

Originally posted by Hershwon View Post
                          I have been looking for wheels for my E30 323i Baur for over a year now and have decided to custom make a set of Work CR01's.
                          If you were custom making a set of 16x8 front and 16x8.5 rear setup what is the perfect offset and tyre combo.
                          I was thinking +22 front and +10 rear. Maybe also o disk to get more dish on the rear! A disk on front to clear brakes tho.

What are your thoughts.

Glad to see someone helping out us noobs again appreciate it mate
                          Im not an expert, so take my advice with a grain of salt, its coming from the research I was doing for my wheels.

16x8 et22 225/45R16 will fit perfect on the front, not sure about your wheels and the she shape if that will clear the E30 calipers, most do except for really flat spoke wheels. You could probably go a bit more agressive

As for the rears, that will work, my rears are the same as my fronts and at et23 i can fit 225/45R16 no issues.

Check out this part of this thread, looks like you can fit 16x8.5 et6 front and
                          16x9 et10 so you should be ok.

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            sigpic
                            1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
                            I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

Hi, I need some help figuring out fitment please.
                              ‘91 318is, H&R oe sport, bilstein hd
                              Wheels are BBS RS 033, I found the factory specs on them but I acquired these with bigger lips. When I measured with a tape measure, front lips are 3”, rear is 3.5”. The barrels measured 6” which don’t match with stock specs and would change the offset which I would like to figure out. I think 15x9.5 and 15x10 are too big and I don’t know want to roll fenders. Can someone tell me my offset and what smaller lip size I can fit?
                              I measured backspacing at 5”, from back of the face to edge of the barrel.
                              Factory measurement for RS 033 were, 15x6.5, 4x100, et34. 5/8” lip, 5 3/8” barrel.

Comment

Rims: 16x8J offset/ET35 all around
                                Car: 316 4 door
                                Springs 40/60mm
                                rear: e36 compact axle
                                front: z4 hubs

I plan to to put on the front 205/50/16 Toyo Proxes T1R and on the rear 225/45/16 Nexen N'Fera SU1.
                                I probably will need to roll the fenders to clear the tires right?
                                Currently it just squeezes in with 235/50/17 with ET42.

Comment

Working...
                                X