3.1 liter carnage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.1 liter carnage

Had a 3.1 liter stroker using the kit from I.E. spin a rod. A decent amount of bearing material went through the engine and oil pump just wanted to get opinions whether the oil pump is still good it was new when it was put on and anyone's opinion on if the pistons could be reused.

you can probably polish pump's lower surface if those scratches aren deep. Hard to tell from your pics about pump's gears. Pistons's could be ok too if scratches aren't deep, just clean up raised ridges. Check your crankshaft very well..it's most likely probably damaged too. Don't forget to pull both oil gallery plugs in the block and clean it well.

What happened? How many miles on the build?

Comment

other look at your pistons... those re just very minor surface scratches? right? No shape deformations?

Comment

The oil pump is done, at least the lower casting portion.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

If that's only issue with pump I'd try and lap it out
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

...but a couple of those pistons look like they stuck to the cylinder walls-
            as always, try measuring first, then maybe see if they'd clean up with a polish
            and re- texture...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I'd continue with the current parts after slight polishing.

Comment

Working...
              X