E30 leads in class at One Lap of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 leads in class at One Lap of America

A couple of friends of mine are piloting an e30 in this year's Cannonball One Lap of America. Their e30 is currently leading the SSSGT2 SB class and 10th overall. (as of this afternoon).

Here is some coverage in Motor Trend: http://blogs.motortrend.com/6674511/...ica/index.html

Kevin Kreisa, the owner of the car and the builder, is my go to guy for anything I do not DIY on my e30. He has poured his heart and soul into this car. Anthony Magagnoli is a hotshoe SpecE30 and BMW CCA (ringer) driver and is the pilot on the track parts of the event.

Please take some time to visit their web page www.dtronelap.com and follow their progress and live video feeds. You can also donate to their title sponsor, BMW CCA Street Survival.

Good luck fellas!!!!
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

I remember seeing some of his work somewhere... but it's sadly not on DTRPerformance's website. Really great fab work!

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

He has a pretty good build thread over at bf.c in the forced induction forum. He goes by dtrguy over there, and here as well. With his proper work installing and to some extent, modifying, the Eurostop flares, bumpers and hood are looking damn good.

Kevin is an excellent fabricator, but is really a jack of all trades when it comes to cars. He really has a touch with custom turbo setups.
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

I got a chance to talk to both of these guys at the Mid-Ohio driver's school about a month ago. Real cool guys and an awesome car! Seeing it on the track was a treat.
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

very nice !

what motor is in that car?

Comment

M52 bottom end with a non-vanos M50 head. GT35 turbo with Extrudabody ITBs - custom built plenum. 034 Motorsport ECU. Lots of good pics of it in the photo gallery at dtronelap.com.
            Current Cars
            2014 M235i
            2009 R56 Cooper S
            1998 M3
            1997 M3

Comment

That's awesome. I can't wait to check out their site when I get home, it's blocked here at work :/

Also that Mazda 5 wagon with the mazdaspeed3 swap is sick. I wonder if it really is a direct bolt-in engine like they say? Shit I'd love to have a car like that. I've always dug the 5 minivan, it's smaller size and edgy styling with a 250+hp turbo motor would be strait :pimp:

Comment

Very cool. Glad to see he is doing well.

Car looks great too

Comment

Looks great, I like the flairs a lot better molded on than the usual riveted on.

Comment

They are up to 8th overall. And this was all on tracks that Anthony had never visited. Now on to MidOhio, NJMP and Nelson ledges, all ones he knows.

If the car holds up, they should be a lock in their class. Top 10 overall looks likely, and who knows, one or two others have issues, and they could be top 5!!!!!!

Look at the cars above them - and realize that most of them are built quite extensively, and you realize what a feat this is in an old e30.!!!!
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      They are up to 8th overall. And this was all on tracks that Anthony had never visited. Now on to MidOhio, NJMP and Nelson ledges, all ones he knows.

If the car holds up, they should be a lock in their class. Top 10 overall looks likely, and who knows, one or two others have issues, and they could be top 5!!!!!!

Look at the cars above them - and realize that most of them are built quite extensively, and you realize what a feat this is in an old e30.!!!!
                      Alright! I'm rooting for a Top 5 finish!!!
                      I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Epic quote:

"BMW is easily the most represented brand this year. The One Lap crew is using a fleet of 5 and 3 Series graciously provided by the BMW Performance School, and there's a small army of M-badged coupes and roadsters flooding the pits. The fastest one, though, is a 1990 325is. It's sitting comfy at 12th overall right now after two top ten finishes today."
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

that looks like a properly executed m3 panel conversion

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Those are Eurostop panels? Freaking gorgeous, IMO.

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Wow, that car is fuckin' sweet!
                              Originally posted by audiquattrot
                              bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                              1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                              2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                              1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                              2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Working...
                              X