• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m about to buy an e91 pretty soon 0.0

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
      decided to stick with a bim I see. Not jazzed on the practicality of a crv?
      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

anyone got a rear center console FS?
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
          decided to stick with a bim I see. Not jazzed on the practicality of a crv?

I’ve just talked to to many shop techs who say that mid 2000 cr-v’s are plagued with tranny issues because they don’t have a replaceable filter, instead the tranny has built in mesh screens that become clogged and eventually the trans breaks.

I’ve also seen plenty of cr-v’s for sale with broken 3rd gear or other problems in my area and it just makes me weary.
          I know the e91 will for sure have its own issues but I stumbled upon a good deal, low miles, super clean, just needs a little bit of TLC in the shop but it runs and drives just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by raj View Post
            Someone sell me a clean hood so I can finally bring my car to Oliver

I’ve got an old rusted hood sitting in my yard, but that’s not likely what you are looking for.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

I’ve just talked to to many shop techs who say that mid 2000 cr-v’s are plagued with tranny issues because they don’t have a replaceable filter, instead the tranny has built in mesh screens that become clogged and eventually the trans breaks.

I’ve also seen plenty of cr-v’s for sale with broken 3rd gear or other problems in my area and it just makes me weary.
              is this in relation to autos or manuals?
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

What is California's stance on buying a car with a missing title? What would I need to do to make sure I didn't get screwed?
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Is this someone on here? Very clean. Tempted

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                    is this in relation to autos or manuals?

Automatics. Im trying to steer clear of a manual car I’m lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by raj View Post
                      Is this someone on here? Very clean. Tempted
                      https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto...551368057.html

Damn that’s a nice car. Suspension would need to be done, but seems that it has had lots of maintenance recently.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Good choice. I've enjoyed mine so far, I have a 2011 328, other then the interior coating peeling its been a good car so far. It has plenty of power for the daily commute and the automatic is very responsive in sport.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          What is California's stance on buying a car with a missing title? What would I need to do to make sure I didn't get screwed?
                          One of my friends bought an e30 a few years ago with a missing title. The owner drafted a bill of sale for him, which was used at AAA to change ownership and issue a title.

The better thing to do though is file for a replacement title beforehand so you can prove the person selling the car is the rightful owner. It's all of 21 dollars and a form is sent to the DMV, which in turn will issue the replacement title. I think the form you want is REG 227.

This is where being a AAA member is nice because they can take care of a lot of this on the spot. Plus you get free towing...especially handy on an old BMW ;)

Comment

Things to be wary of with AAA. Sometimes they do not tow vehicles that are not registered, so if registration is back a few years the person towing might not take it. When this happens they flag you in the AAA website and you cant tow that car till you have a title.

Also, I have AAA and didnt use them at all when trying to register my laguna coupe (reg was out 10 yrs and title was lost). I did it all through the DMV. Bring in a completed bill of sale from the seller as well as an application for a new title or transfer of title. They do all the paperwork for you right there. I got a registration card and everything in my name in a few minites. Still waiting on my pink slip in the mail however...

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                              Things to be wary of with AAA. Sometimes they do not tow vehicles that are not registered, so if registration is back a few years the person towing might not take it. When this happens they flag you in the AAA website and you cant tow that car till you have a title.

Depends on who you talk to really. I had the same issue a few months back. Called the next day and they didn’t ask or seem to know at all, they just sent someone to pick it up.
                              Last edited by jpod999; 04-05-2018, 01:36 PM.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

I didn't even bother to try and call back the next day cause I didn't want to make the drive out just to have AAA deny me a tow. In my experience AAA has a gotten a lot less lenient in the latter part of 2017 and during 2018. They used to not ask me any questions when I needed a tow, but now they ask me a bunch, and even the tow truck drivers have been warning me about them not being able to tow certain cars. Seems like now they keep track of all cars you tow, the calls you make to them, failed or successful tows, etc.

Either way a tow dolly from Uhaul is like $50 so if AAA doesn't work out that's an option also.

Comment

Working...
                                X