Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, so the car was sold to you by "person A" at an estate sale, but registered/owned by "person B". And this "person B" is deceased? What did AAA tell you to do about that?

Comment

So the car was owned by a guy who died and the title is lost. The estate sale sold his car to an intermediate person who was trying to make money flipping it. That intermediate person sold it to me last night.

AAA said that the easiest thing is to have the power of attorney get the lien released and apply for a duplicate title. Then the power of attorney can sell the car directly to me. I was told that the only way to make it work is if the original owner would help fill out paperwork.
      sigpic
      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Buuutt the original owner is the guy who died? So how can you get him to fill it out?

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          Buuutt the original owner is the guy who died? So how can you get him to fill it out?
          I meant that I would have to get the power of attorney for the dead guy to fill out paperwork.

I've also been reading and it looks like I might be able to get a surety bond, which allows me to get a new title that is stamped "BONDED" for 3-5 years.
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
            Executor of the Estate can sign

POA is done when dude is dead
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Alternatively, you can go to the DMV with just the Bill of Sale and press your luck.

Sometimes the person can just not care and skip some stuff.
              1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
              2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
              2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
              2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
              1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
              1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Or hire a psychic to summon the dead and get the dude to sign it over.
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                  Or hire a psychic to summon the dead and get the dude to sign it over.

Seems legit, my situation is different. I’ll see if AAA can help me.

Anyone seen these before?

2M Autowerks is Southern California's premier BMW service/performance center and autobody shop located in the greater San Diego area.
                  Last edited by mbonanni; 05-31-2018, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Executor of the Estate can sign

POA is done when dude is dead
                    This. Hang in there Jerry.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

sup breauxes
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Anyone up to anything this weekend? Was going to do my Center Support Bearing, Guibo, and Motor Mounts. If anyone is down to drink beer, eat pizza, watch, and shout at me when I do it wrong, hit me up.
                        1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                        2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                        2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                        2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                        1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                        1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Are their any downsides to getting a Surety Bond on the car and having a "Bonded" title? The PO is being a pain in the ass.
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                              Are their any downsides to getting a Surety Bond on the car and having a "Bonded" title? The PO is being a pain in the ass.
                              ugh :(

haven't heard of a bonded title, but it looks like a legitimate option.

also missing my old M5 for some reason today..

cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                also missing my old M5 for some reason today..
                                I saw a sweet e28 m5 next to the Oakland Rose Garden on monday night. It looked super clean.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X