Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    easb 205 I presume???

Nice machine, I have been kicking the idea around of getting a 205 or that new miller 220.

anyway my most recent buy

I have a 2015 and 2016 of this barrel proof Elijah. my 2015 has a strong black cherry note. its pretty hot. some people like to mix it with a couple drops of water.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

No mixy mixy here, good bourbon I am neat guy, if I must add something its 1 BIG ice cube....... in a chilled old fashion glass. I havent cracked the seal on this one yet, have a couple other bottles to get though 1st, I will have to check the date and see, but I assume its a 2018. and been on a Buffalo trace Old Fashion kick here the last few weeks
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

No mixy mixy here, good bourbon I am neat guy, if I must add something its 1 BIG ice cube....... in a chilled old fashion glass. I havent cracked the seal on this one yet, have a couple other bottles to get though 1st, I will have to check the date and see, but I assume its a 2018. and been on a Buffalo trace Old Fashion kick here the last few weeks

Finished the last of my Don Julio 50, neat. Need something new. Open to suggestions as long as I can use this glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
        The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
        The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
        The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

depends on what you like and what you want to spend.

2 of my Fav go to generally available, are Wodfords Reserve ( or thier double oak which is a bit more cash out lay) or Knob Creek small batch 100p for that 40-60 bucks a bottle range. Standard Elijah Craig small batch is right up there too in that range, if your down for a ton of Carmel notes in your bourbon (which I happen to like) I have a bottle of that going too.

For sub 30 I normally keep a bottle or 2 of Buffalo Trace on hand for mixing and pours for guests I dont really like that much ( like relatives) but not bad neat or on the rocks in and of it self.

Hell good ol Crown Royal is a nice treat, and if you want a Canadian blend thats dam close in palletability for 2/3s the cost if you can find it, Forty Creek is a damm good value.

I have been know to mix up and Old Fashion with Captain Morgan Private stock when I am in the mood for lots of spice and vanilla, and its kind nice straight, that said I like 6-8 dashes of bitter in my Old Fashions Bourbon or other wise
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I F'n love Strawberry Shortcake!

I had dreams as a child of someday marrying her (or someone similar in appearance) who'd also smell of strawberry shortcakes.

....my dreams have yet to come to fruition
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
              I F'n love Strawberry Shortcake!

I had dreams as a child of someday marrying her (or someone similar in appearance) who'd also smell of strawberry shortcakes.

....my dreams have yet to come to fruition

It happens to work nicely when I don’t want to drag the snifter down. I am damn lazy and I’d been working the cognac for a while, the tequila was a really nice change. Lots of sweet caramel notes, don’t even really need the lime.

Comment

depends on what you like and what you want to spend.

2 of my Fav go to generally available, are Wodfords Reserve ( or thier double oak which is a bit more cash out lay) or Knob Creek small batch 100p for that 40-60 bucks a bottle range. Standard Elijah Craig small batch is right up there too in that range, if your down for a ton of Carmel notes in your bourbon (which I happen to like) I have a bottle of that going too.

For sub 30 I normally keep a bottle or 2 of Buffalo Trace on hand for mixing and pours for guests I dont really like that much ( like relatives) but not bad neat or on the rocks in and of it self.

Hell good ol Crown Royal is a nice treat, and if you want a Canadian blend thats dam close in palletability for 2/3s the cost if you can find it, Forty Creek is a damm good value.

I have been know to mix up and Old Fashion with Captain Morgan Private stock when I am in the mood for lots of spice and vanilla, and its kind nice straight, that said I like 6-8 dashes of bitter in my Old Fashions Bourbon or other wise

Thanks for the suggestions! I like most stuff and don’t mind paying for a good drink. I have some Crown up in the cabinet (was a gift) but haven’t started in on it. Dark stuff tends to give me headaches but only when had in mass quantities. Had some Lagavulin 16 a lonnnng time ago, that was good. May check out the Elijah Craig, sounds up my alley.

I am lazy but perhaps not so lazy as to not make an old fashioned. I should do that more often.

Comment

I don't know if it's available outside of the DC metro area, but I really like Rock Creek Bourbon. I'm not usually a fan of drinking straight bourbon/whiskey/scotch in general, but this one is fairly tasty. If you ever run across it, it's worth picking up.

Just got this up and running. Would have been nice to have it a few months ago, but it'll be nice going forward. The propane heater will no longer be necessary in the garage and if I have to lay on my back under a car, at least the floor won't be cold.
                  Last edited by Kershaw; 02-20-2019, 11:50 AM.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

^god I miss my dad's heated garage. Few things are better in terms of 'nice to have' for your garage/house.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

When I get a new roof and put in solar panels I will do my house floor too. It'll be nice to get rid of my loud oil furnace and huge radiators. I have easy access for installation in the basement because there's no subfloor. They are power hungry. But once solar panels are in it won't matter.

http://nextgenboiler.com it was fairly easy to install although I think it's meant to be connected to a cold water supply. The pump won't turn on unless it has at least 7psi so you need a way to pressurize the water. I ended up connecting a hose and there went all my distilled water. And you need to buy a thermostat. Sounds obvious but their tagline is just add pex. No, it's just add a 120v line, a 240v line, pex, and a thermostat.

Whatever. It works nicely. Took a long time to heat my garage floor from 39 degrees, but after 30 hours it was 87 degrees and it was t-shirt comfy in there. I would recommend it. The all (almost) in one form factor is really great.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Another Clist procurement: been looking for a nice desk to go with our Big Ass walnut "book case".

So this popped up a while back and finally had a day to drive the 4 hours (in the winter time) down to Helena to go get it. Solid WALNUT, ITS REALLY HEAVY, its about 350lbs the top is 5 quarters thick maybe pushing closer to 1 1/2 and everything about it is solid walnut other than drawer bottoms. People we got it from said the lumber came from 2 supper OLD storm downed walnut tress on her grandparents Nebraska Farm in the late 70's, it was built in the very early 80's in rural Montana, so its as old as I am and year or 2 older than the wife. Needs some restoration work, there are a few humidity checks in it and some of the slides need replacement and refinish to clean it up. Might leave some of the bigger checks after I stabilize them as part of the story and preserve the history of this thing. Hardware is getting changed out this weekend though

2019-02-23_12-25-14 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-23-2019, 02:44 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Very cool desk, neat story too.

I bet that is a real motherfucker to move around.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                          Sounds like you need a massage.
                          Originally posted by kpeng
                          Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Back with a new car, actually, 2 new cars since, but I don't have a pic of my i3 yet:

M3 CS by JMG, on Flickr
                            F80 ///M3 CS
                            i3 REx LCI
                            Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                              Back with a new car, actually, 2 new cars since, but I don't have a pic of my i3 yet:

M3 CS by JMG, on Flickr

Lime rock grey m3 comp?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                                I don't know if it's available outside of the DC metro area, but I really like Rock Creek Bourbon. I'm not usually a fan of drinking straight bourbon/whiskey/scotch in general, but this one is fairly tasty. If you ever run across it, it's worth picking up.

Just got this up and running. Would have been nice to have it a few months ago, but it'll be nice going forward. The propane heater will no longer be necessary in the garage and if I have to lay on my back under a car, at least the floor won't be cold.

Radiant floors are so nice to work over, I'm jelly. How did you layout and secure the pex lines, a snap-in mat or tie to rebar?

Comment

Working...
                                X