Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

homebuying fun (caution: stupidly wide .jpg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    Very nice!

I got my roof almost completely finished today, just have the ridge vent/caps to put on the garage and the bay window. Very pleased that say that I did about 60% percent of it solo, and got a bit of help from another r3v member too! Thanks Kershaw! Before/after pics follow.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      ^
      Very nice!

I got my roof almost completely finished today, just have the ridge vent/caps to put on the garage and the bay window. Very pleased that say that I did about 60% percent of it solo, and got a bit of help from another r3v member too! Thanks Kershaw! Before/after pics follow.
      Thanks! Quite an undertaking to re-roof a house. Congrats!
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

well here is about 1/2 of the latest project. About 500 Sq/ft of Wide plank Quarter Sawn white oak in that pile, and another one just about like it in the guest bedroom. Will start nailing it down in about a week or so. I still have a bit of trim to remove and some furniture to move out of the house. going to have to move out of the house for about a week or 10 days while we get it nailed down and sanded and finished
        2019-01-18_03-36-50 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Decided on hardwood, nice...

Comment

Bonaseal makes awesome industrial quality waterborne finishes that dry to touch within a few hours and have nearly zero fumes. Much more pleasant to work with and faster than solvent-based stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Garage door motor professionally installed, pictures begun being hung and car on jackstands. I officially have my garage lol
              How much did that cost you?
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                How much did that cost you?

We went for all the bells and whistles, especially since we don’t have a side door. It was a little over $500 installed. Electrical was free.99 since me and my friend did it. Door was already installed but one of the coils needed to be replaced
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

and TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sanding guy got the last coat of finish on this am..... Cant wait to move back into my house tomorrow am. Wide plank rustic Quarter and Rift sawn white oak, no stain just natural, sealed up with Bona mega water base.

2019-02-03_03-07-18 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Next time I get some cash saved up, all new trim and Doors in the whole house (ALDER all the way though) , that cheap ass fir turns red and with a light brown stain on it. its FUCKING ORANGE.... I always thought it was orange but not this orange lol
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

That looks fantastic, Sleeve !
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      and TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sanding guy got the last coat of finish on this am..... Cant wait to move back into my house tomorrow am. Wide plank rustic Quarter and Rift sawn white oak, no stain just natural, sealed up with Bona mega water base.

2019-02-03_03-07-18 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Next time I get some cash saved up, all new trim and Doors in the whole house (ALDER all the way though) , that cheap ass fir turns red and with a light brown stain on it. its FUCKING ORANGE.... I always thought it was orange but not this orange lol

How much that set you back?
                      Originally posted by bmwm42
                      PNW vulture pm me for parts
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

At least 2k a room.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                          How much that set you back?
                          Wood was 6.50 a foot... sand and finish was 3 a foot so I have about 11k in in just a few feet shy of a 1000 sq/ft. With incidentals and what not

William Pitt-

Comment

Looks good, in the end you'll be happier having the hardwood. New trims and doors will definitely make a difference as well.

Comment

That looks awesome.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks guys.

While I was doing shit. I spent the better part of an after noon. In my crawl space cleaning up the satellite TV installation and relocating some of thier work. Running cat5e and installing wall boxes in for coaix and cat5e in the living room, office, master and spare bedroom, with a network box in the office for all that. Built a new TV stand for the living room out flooring cut offs and scrap.

Next up.is painting all the doors and trim to get rid of this god awful orange untill it can be replaced, and maybe a old office desk restoration to undertake before going back to work.
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-07-2019, 09:36 AM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X