No announcement yet.

Value: Bone Stock vs Modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bronzit is a 2 door with sports seats, it'll be worth more than your 4 door with comforts any day of the week. Why are you worried about value? It won't be some investment grade piece like an m3, might as well do whatever you want to it. It probably won't change the value any.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      If it were mine, I'd swap the auto for a 5 speed, and leave it alone otherwise.
      x2. Looks like a nice example. Maybe a set of 14" weaves and sticky tires and updating all the bushings in the suspenion.
      1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
      SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
      Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Any OEM BMW Sport "mod" you do will never hurt the value. Upgrade to a 3-spoke wheel, Mtech1 or Mtech2 and thats an improvement all the way. Find some mint Sport seats up front and thats a mod that also won't hurt the value at all. Swapping from an open diff to a LSD is a another...

It appears yours was more of a basic 4 door sedan, so any of the sport options will help your cause and not hurt the value one bit, in addition to giving you a nicer car to drive.

Bottlecaps, 4-spoke steering, comfort seats... these things can be replaced without looking back, as long as you replace them with pieces that also reflect the condition of the rest of the car.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Low mileage only matters on rare cars. Almost all E30 4 doors are not rare, so mod away, but as has been said, keep it tasteful for maximum value down the road.

Comment

Swap the trans, mod the crap out of it, drift it - who cares. it's never going to be a $100k car. You're talking about a few hundred bucks in any given direction..

BTW, the door sticker saying 325iA (or ix, or whatever) - has nothing to do with it being an automatic. It's just a north American thing. My '88 ix parts car had the 'A' suffix, but they only came as a manual.

and yeah, I'm pedantic as fuck - all E30s are sedans, unless it's a 'vert or a touring. ;)
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Do what you want to do with it, it's your car :) It's a 4 door auto, manual swap and sport seats are the best two things you could do to it (besides all the maintenance it probably needs).
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                and yeah, I'm pedantic as fuck - all E30s are sedans, unless it's a CABRIO or a touring. ;)
                I’m more pedantic :)

every time the word “vert” is used, a kitten dies or something - I cringe inside
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

"Every time the word “vert” is used, a kitten dies or ( a puppy) - I cringe inside"

Me too...what the hell is that?
                  It's a Convertible...a Conv or a Cab... even a a drop top....

Pedantic...who's Pedantic...."
                  BMWCCA 12660

Comment

I feel the same way about the phrase 'slicktop'. ugh.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Is slushbox acceptable?
                      65k 325i Automatic
                      1985 M635CSI Frank Fahey Stroker
                      1970 BMW 2002 (in restoration)

Comment

Yes, the word sucks but I hate automatics so it fits pretty well. :p
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Try saying "E10" around me when talking about a 2002. I will light you on fire.
                          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                            I'm not even a 2002 guy, and that annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                              I think "2k2" irritates me more than anything else.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Ditto - it's funny, down here the sunroof was optional on most e30s except for on loaded 325i's, so there are more "slicktops" than "roughtops"?!... What is the equivalent for an e30 with a sunroof?! :D

What's wrong with calling an '02 an e10? How's it different to calling an e30 an e30? 2k2 is annoying!
                                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X