Buying HID kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying HID kit

Im looking to buy a HID kit but Im still unsure to what kit to buy, Ive looked on ebay and seems alright, went to autobahn to get an idea and one they were a rip off and they were saying that I might have to drill into the back of the light cap.....Is this true? Is there a plug and play kit? Also Ive heard a place in vermont melbourne called Max Vision, has anyone bought a kit from there?

Bought mine off eBay both low and high beam kits.
    I had to drill into the back of my light caps no big deal.
    But the light is absolutely brilliant.
    They are not legal in australia, however cops are less likely to pull a BMW on that they are more interested in defecting skylines and bombadores.
    Ive had mine fitted for near 2 years now without problems, with the product or cops.
    I would suggest nothing more than 6000k colour.

329i

Comment

6000k is too high in my opinion. I have 4300k (similar to late model BMW) and you really do not need more than that. Less likely to be pulled over also (really obvious when a old car has a hid kit fitted)

Comment

Dont bother with the ebay garbage, youll spend the money twice over when the first set breaks.

Also HID's are not recommended for high beams due to the fact they need time to warm up to actually work, so youll loose your flashing abilities a bit and also flashing hid's are not good for them.

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Meh I just keep the stock smillies, just seems to blingy for me. Plus I hate all the mother fuckers who are behind me with them, Ithor blinding me or making me thing there is a COP behind me trying to pull me over.
          sigpic

Comment

Thats because they all have the high temp crappy ones...

Comment

Well lots of negative there,
              mine haven't broken in 2 years so thats not bad quality for ebay.
              mine are adjusted right (still harsh on others though).
              and i love the light.

329i

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                X