Fog Light wiring on a 90 cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fog Light wiring on a 90 cabrio

Does anyone know what the foglight wire color codes are on the driver's side?
    It looks like a previous owner cut the foglight plug on this side.

I have a red/white and brown/yellow wire pair that was cut on that side, but I can't get 12V to those wires when the fog button is on.
    The passenger side fog light works fine.

Is there anything upstream that commonly fails that would result in no power to the driver's side fog?

Thanks.

ETM will tell you.

Off hand should be brown for ground on both sides and yellow with a different colored stripe for right and left.

Comment

Thanks.
      I've looked at the ETM, I see a yellow/brown striped wire indicated, which I have.
      I also have a red/white wire that I have no clue as to the purpose of.
      I know brown is always ground but i don't see a brown wire in the wiring that runs near the fog.

I might peel the wiring cover back to see if it pulled back and I can reconnect it.
      If not would I be OK to ground it to the chassis?

Comment

Got it figured out.
        The fog wires were hidden, when the PO or whoever cut them, he taped them off with the main harness by the headlights. So none of the random cut wires I was seeing had anything to do with the fogs.

They're working now!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Got it figured out.
          The fog wires were hidden, when the PO or whoever cut them, he taped them off with the main harness by the headlights. So none of the random cut wires I was seeing had anything to do with the fogs.

They're working now!
          Do you happen to have the color for the passenger/drivers side. I think my 318is comes prewired but there are too many wires left unplugged. I’m assuming they should all be the same color. Thanks
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X