Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smooth Shifter Center Console

Hey y’all!

I’m attempting to do the E46 Armrest/Cupholder Retrofit. I noticed people always complained of the different texture in surfaces. I was wondering whether anyone has gone the route I’m about to try. Originally I was going to putty fill the leather texture away to be smooth, filler prime, and satin black both the surface of the shifter console and the brake console from the E46, so they’ll match.

While I was sanding to add grip, I figured why not sand it all down since there seems to be enough material to where it’ll be level and smooth. I guess worst come to worst I buy a new console. There’s a couple spots on my console where the wrap is slightly peeling and the foam underneath is split but I was going to fix/reinforce it with some fiberglass resin.

Let me know if I’m in over my head lol

I’ll post some photos later when I’m done wet sanding it down

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
      Sorry boss, if you could go ahead and delete this I’ll make a new post in general later. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbYetSmart View Post
        Hey y’all!

I’m attempting to do the E46 Armrest/Cupholder Retrofit. I noticed people always complained of the different texture in surfaces. I was wondering whether anyone has gone the route I’m about to try. Originally I was going to putty fill the leather texture away to be smooth, filler prime, and satin black both the surface of the shifter console and the brake console from the E46, so they’ll match.

While I was sanding to add grip, I figured why not sand it all down since there seems to be enough material to where it’ll be level and smooth. I guess worst come to worst I buy a new console. There’s a couple spots on my console where the wrap is slightly peeling and the foam underneath is split but I was going to fix/reinforce it with some fiberglass resin.

Let me know if I’m in over my head lol

I’ll post some photos later when I’m done wet sanding it down

I’ve been wanting this in my car for years. Let us know how it turns out, I’m very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X