The Free36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Free36

Hey R3V I have been meaning to create a thread for this e36 I picked up from a guy I work for. It was supposed to be his daughters car but they went ahead and bought her a pick up. After turning a corner in his back yard there she was a 1994 325is pretty beat up but still another project to add that I don’t need. So I proceeded to ask him what’s the deal with it he told me the story above and asked if I knew anyone interested immediately ears perked up and was thinking in my head this dudes about to give it away! I said “yes, me how much?” He said “Take it I’m a Chevy guy” so classic. So I arranged a tow with my friend we towed it a couple blocks but then I drove it home about 30 miles lotta noise but it drove very nice. It only has 160k miles which is not bad for a 1994. The left door panel is gone but all Power locks and windows work except the sun roof :/ no biggy tho maybe I’ll delete later or fix. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	7255367
    That is before we cleaned up the engine bay a little bitClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1260.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	7255368
    After cleaningClick image for larger version

Name:	57756773217__7BEFBCB1-8E6C-48E1-8DEC-E78A89C6C0A5.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	7255369
    I need to get a new grill and grill frame luckily there only like $30Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1257.jpg
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	7255370
    I changed the intake boot and plugs I’m going to to do oil next check. Click image for larger version

Name:	58043939282__3D3197FB-D255-4716-9666-695F83B953CE.jpg
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	7255371

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	7201735
    Both my Projects. Btw e36 an auto. I wonder how hard a swap is? [emoji848]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	58135417481__3A8345FC-3F02-4EBF-8F5F-22CB947A0A07.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	7201736
      This was today before work just waiting on the title might make this a weekend cruiser. I’ll prob try to get it wrapped. My dad is a tinted and is looking to wrap his celica. Maybe I can get him to do mine as well. The seats are tore up need good seat covers too. Might just sell and put money in the e30 idk we’ll see. Ok I’m done for the day. If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do with it lmk?

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
        [ATTACH]127869[/ATTACH]
        If anyone has any suggestions of what I should do with it lmk?

Sell it and use money to finish E30
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The Free36

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Sell it and use money to finish E30

Yes this is definitely an option! Thanks for the input! My throwout bearing for e30 comes in today! After that I just have to rebuild/clean the injectors and tighten up a few loose ends and she should run decent.

Comment

So I failed smog yesterday. I’m going to change the oil and run seafoam and see if that will help on my retest if not illegal smog it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck with the smog. With Simon would love to see that E30 finished. Sell the E36!

Comment

The Free36

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                Good luck with the smog. With Simon would love to see that E30 finished. Sell the E36!

Yes I plan to sell the e36 just getting it all legit so it will be a smooth transaction I feel like if I made a few improvements I can prob get a decent price for it. Small stuff oil one brake light maybe refresh the badges and zip tie some shit haha. Just got it insurance so at least I can say I have that if I get stopped.

Comment

weld the diff and take it drifting, when you crash it use it as a donor
                  sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                    weld the diff and take it drifting, when you crash it use it as a donor

It’s auto unfortunately. Still pretty fun tho it slides a lil bit I’ve been cruising it around. Needs an O2 sensor. The light just went off again today but I used the press the gas pedal 5 times obd 1 trick and the code read o2 sensor.

Comment

Update: runs well slight oil leak. May sell to fund e30 mods.

Comment

Hey, Cher is back! Yeah, sell that clunker, E36s suck*.

*says the guy who dailies a 36/5.

Comment

Originally posted by Beamerboi View Post
                          Update: runs well slight oil leak. May sell to fund e30 mods.
                          MUST sell... sell it
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            MUST sell... sell it
                            I wonder how much I can get for it?

Comment

Sold it for $480. Out of sight out of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X