Recommendations for late model valence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for late model valence

My car got dropped on the jack which bent up the factory valence on my 318is. I'll be getting a quote to repair it, but I noticed there are a fair amount of replica valances online that look decent. Anyone have any experiences or recommendations for one that would look okay with an otherwise stock body?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

If you're referring to the eBay/ClassicEuroParts replica fiberglass/plastic bumper covers, you might as well plasti-dip the whole car deep metallic blue and install raceland coilovers while you're at it. Been there, done that.

Those "bumpers" have 0 mounting tabs and require an ungodly amount of modification. Save yourself the headache by just buying a used OEM valence.
    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Originally posted by Zambuzan View Post
      If you're referring to the eBay/ClassicEuroParts replica fiberglass/plastic bumper covers, you might as well plasti-dip the whole car deep metallic blue and install raceland coilovers while you're at it. Been there, done that.

Those "bumpers" have 0 mounting tabs and require an ungodly amount of modification. Save yourself the headache by just buying a used OEM valence.
      Yikes that bad? Figured with the amount sold they couldn't be that bad, but I guess I'll look into repairing the one I got or finding an OEM one somewhere.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're talking front valance, they aren't that hard to find new and OEM. I got mine off Amazon for about $250, and it came directly from BMW of San Francisco and it is definitely OEM. Easy to replace too, hardest part is the paint but I did that myself for the time being before I get the whole car resprayed eventually.
        91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

Working...
        X