Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to source oil pan and sump for M42 URGENT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to source oil pan and sump for M42 URGENT!

Hello everyone,

Anyone knows a good source of used parts for my engine? I am in an area where junk yards are not the best...

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by chrisca70; 08-17-2020, 03:29 AM.

I have a lower and a sump. The lower has been JB welded, but maybe that's better than a destroyed one. No upper, sorry.
    cars beep boop

Comment

FCP Euro has the pans for less than $400, with the lower being only $90. Also, it's surprising that your upper pan is cracked. Worst case, you might have it welded.

Search the FS section here or check car-part.com for local dismantlers.

Comment

I have a whole m42 drivetrain FS. Would like to sell the motor whole though.
        1991 318is
        2004 330ci
        2011 335d

Comment

Got most of the parts. I am just missing the sump, waiting on a couple of members that are willing to sell...

Comment

Thank you all, parts sourced and car back in the road!

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
                This is a legit Parts Wanted post, I think you are refering to a different thread.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisca70 View Post
                  This is a legit Parts Wanted post, I think you are refering to a different thread.
                  It is indeed, because I moved it from General Discussion to Parts Wanted.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                  X