Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna atempt e36 front bumper on my 85 318i!! (pics on pg 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
    it's like Jordan never left somedays
    i wish,
    i dont understand if hes on tech he should have heard that everyone at r3v is mean, boo hoo im on my period
    if he cant stand the heat go back to tech
    it doesnt sound as good but oh well

why is everyone so emo these days
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I tried my best, that gap was driving me crazy.. :p
      Attached Files

Comment

well its looking a lot better.

Comment

hell right that looks good working on filling the gap this weekend..

Comment

I don't get it. It looks like a stock plastic bumper e30, with a plastic lower portion from an e36 attached, which doesn't match the rest of the car at all. The stock valance looks 10 times better, it actually looks like it's supposed to be there. I suppose you could pull it off if you did some side skirts or something, but as it sits, it looks like crap. You can have my gay side skirts to try to make your car look like an e36 if you want.

EDIT: Plus it's completely rounded in the front. An e30 is not rounded in the front. Look at your car from above, your hood is relatively straight then you have a huge bubbled out front bumper. That's what makes most imports with body kits look like crap, because nothing matches anything.

Not trying to put you down, just giving you my opinion.
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

thanks for your opinion,,,and what about the gay side skirts you have do you want to sell them??

Comment

I like it better than old nasty diving boards, that's for sure. It's a ballsy project, and I think you did a good job. Fill in the gap and I think it's a definite improvement over diving boards. My opinion only, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by jay dot dog View Post
                  thanks for your opinion,,,and what about the gay side skirts you have do you want to sell them??
                  The guy is giving you his opinion on how it looks, then you turn around and call his side skirts gay, then ask if he wants to sell them?

Comment

You can have my gay side skirts to try to make your car look like an e36 if you want.
                    JGood called them that, JayHotDog was just quoting him ;)

Comment

jgood called them gay in his post...
                      Last edited by jay dot dog; 02-03-2007, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                        That looks fucking HORRIBLE. The curvature of the bumper and the valence below it don't match the curvature of the E30 front end AT ALL.

It looks like an E30 with a big fat chew in its bottom lip.
                        I guess having an asshole attitude half the time while being 'site owner' makes everything great.

But this is also coming from the same guy who thinks lcd screens in the back of back seat head rests are cool.

Aside from the other BS, i like this. its different. Differently throws a twist in the e30 lifestyle.

Comment

A whole lotta work for a whole lotta ugliness. (quite the wordsmith)

Comment

why are some I-drivers such dicks to Eta's and 318's? Is it because they're jack-asses all the time, or because they never felt the goodness of Eta pull with 3.73 LSD? Or Simplicity of M10? Or 40MPG on both?

Good mod, modifying for this bumper opens doors for other to modify for e36 M-bumpers, good luck and more info please.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                              why are some I-drivers such dicks to Eta's and 318's? Is it because they're jack-asses all the time, or because they never felt the goodness of Eta pull with 3.73 LSD? Or Simplicity of M10? Or 40MPG on both?

Good mod, modifying for this bumper opens doors for other to modify for e36 M-bumpers, good luck and more info please.
                              Hey man, these things were said ages ago. There will always be people who are not going to like something different or out of the box...

...and don't bump really old threads.
                              Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post

Why are you bumping old threads just to put your 2 cents in?

The OP of this thread hasn't been on here since 2-25-06. And the other guy who did this, hasn't been on here since 4-5-07. I don't see them up giving up dates for this.
                                Last edited by JasonC; 04-12-2008, 07:28 PM.

1992 BMW 325iC
                                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                                X