1987 Hartge Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Hartge Vert

NOT MY CAR, but i am affiliated with it.

This belongs to a close friend of mine who doesn't know how to sell a car. So I thought I'd see if I could help out.

The car is very healthy but clearly needs to be detailed.

Not many examples exist.

PRICE: $16K

From the ad...

1987 BMW 325i convertible Hartge/German spec. It was imported to the US through Arkansas in 2012. I have owned the car since 2014.

Actual color is burgundy (burgunrot). Car was restored in Germany by a German auto meister. Car was originally bought from BMW and taken to the Hartge factory for upgrades including suspension parts, headers, valve cover, exhaust, striping,steering wheel, and other mods.

M-tech bumper and sideskirts. German title book, Hartge info, and lots of receipts. Seats, door, steering wheel and rear panels were reupholstered in real leather and double stitched. The Hartge label is embroidered into the front and rear seats.

Rare Weismann hardtop that has been color matched to the body. Replacement of diff axle shaft seals, oil pan gasket, 2 shock mounts, 2 sway bar links, 2 tie rod assemblies, control arm bushings, strut mounts, and brake pad sensors.

New spark plugs and wire harness, slotted ported rotors, angel eye HIDs

New OEM carpets. Original Hartge wheels (16" alloys with BF Goodrich 205/50 ZR16). Leather seats, power windows, new Kenwood stereo.

What the car looked like with a nice detail...

Last edited by leadphut; 02-07-2019, 04:34 PM. Reason: added pic

Need a price.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Sweet deal
      My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Sent a PM.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

very nice!

Should be showing a picture of the hartge valve cover....if the car has one.
          jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
            Should be showing a picture of the hartge valve cover....if the car has one.
            jm
            What Hartge model it is H23 or H26?
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Is the top from an e36?

Comment

This is a very rare roof for an e30, not an e36. I googled Weissman hardtop to see if they had a website and found the original ad for this car; complete with picture of the valve cover.

Prime example of e30 325i history. I took this car in trade from a friend of mine who was deployed to Germany and brought it back on his way home.  This is a very rare opportunity to own a low mileage. one of a kind. beautiful. turn key e30. Everything is new on this car with solid documentation on the hartge package and documentation on the light restoration this 27 year old beauty under t

This car is a rare find. This is the only car i've seen with this roof. Searching for more info on this keeps bringing this very car up.

Comment

Please review the forum rules for selling items (no links to CL/eBay; pics required). Thanks in advance.

I removed the CL link once already. Don't add it back again.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

My apologies. I thought i had accidentally removed it.

I suspect the path of this car will be to the detail shop and then to bringatrailer. Having been a member here since 2008, i thought I'd present it here first.

Thanks.

Comment

h26

Looks just like my old engine; h26, but who knows mine might have been an h27:). Have to check the details on the engine.
                      Very nice!!
                      jm

Comment

So, what paperwork do you have, showing that Hartge installed these parts when new? Genuinely curious. It's an interesting car, for sure.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Pic of hartge valve cover added.

Comment

I do not have any paperwork, i am just someone who knows about the car and is attempting to show it to a wider audience. I'm personally interested in the sale because i want the car to go to an enthusiast.

From what I understand, all available paperwork from hartge is provided. I am also under the impression that everything is present, but I cannot say for sure.

I'll gladly pass along the contact info. 'Tire kickers,' please save everybody's time.

thank you.

Comment

The Vert is super clean.
                              I see it has Hartge
                              Hartge exhaust
                              Hartge 16” wheels
                              Hartge front badge
                              Hartge valve cover
                              Hartge headers
                              Hartge early four spoke steering wheel missing center pad
                              Hartge stripes on panels.
                              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X