Indy r3pres3nt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indy r3pres3nt!

Hello, I am a new e30 owner, and i live in Plainfield, just west of Indianapolis. I am used to '02s, being co-founder of www.bmw2002faq.com. (my '02 is for sale actually)... Is there a midwest or Indy-specific e30 mail list or SIG?

I am really excited about my new car, a 1991 white 325i, in totally stock condition. 147K, $2700. I'm about to do the entire front of the engine (all seals, water pump, timing belt, and also all the coolant/heater hoses). Anybody feel like coming over and lending an expert hand (anyone is more expert than me at this point), would be fed and beer'd appropriately. I'm probably going to do be doing it either next weekend or the weekend after that.

On the list are:
    All front seals, water pump, thermostat, coolant and heater hoses, timing belt (the original reason for going in there--currently suffering from "while you're in there" syndrome), and possibly alternator.

Anyone got a spare GOOD alternator locally?

-Rob in P'field

welcome,

not a lot of e30s in indy area....though they're talking about a euro meet this sunday in bloomington. its posted on bimmerwerkz forums, and linked on e30tech too.

wish i could help you but I am only good for routine maint w/ an assist from someone smarter than me. i usu break more than i fix.

Comment

indy meet

Comment

join or die!

EDIT: Yahoo Group folded due to lack of interest...
        Last edited by robspeed325i; 05-07-2009, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Can we get some active members in here or what? This weekend 05/09/2009 Winged Warriors will be going on. For those of you who don't know Indianapolis' local European Tuning shop will have a few cars there competing. There will be a morning meet at EPwerks for those interested. We will be meeting between 8:30 - 9:00AM for donuts, coffee and juice. We will then depart as a group around 9:15AM to head to the show. It should be a pretty good time especially if any of you have seen the list of cars that is coming. If you have any questions contact me. 317-579-9520 (David)

Comment

Originally posted by Primeraman View Post
            Can we get some active members in here or what? This weekend 05/09/2009 Winged Warriors will be going on. For those of you who don't know Indianapolis' local European Tuning shop will have a few cars there competing. There will be a morning meet at EPwerks for those interested. We will be meeting between 8:30 - 9:00AM for donuts, coffee and juice. We will then depart as a group around 9:15AM to head to the show. It should be a pretty good time especially if any of you have seen the list of cars that is coming. If you have any questions contact me. 317-579-9520 (David)
            unfortunately (for me) ima be out of town this weekend... take lots of pics! :D

Comment

EPwerks is looking at doing a dyno day for our local European Auto Enthusiasts. We will be coordinating the event with another local shop. We will be using a 2WD Dynojet 248 model. If we get enough people it pricing will be as follows: $65 gets you three runs. If someone needs an extra run or two it shouldn't be a problem. We will probably also do a BBQ pitch in as well. Let me know who is interested at what weekend you would have available to do this.

Thanks,

David
              palmer@epwerks.com
              317-579-9520

Comment

i frickin love the 02faq page! used it all the time when i had my '76. good luck with the e30 and welcome to r3v! if i lived a bit closer id come over and help. to bad.
                sigpic
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                  i frickin love the 02faq page! used it all the time when i had my '76. good luck with the e30 and welcome to r3v! if i lived a bit closer id come over and help. to bad.
                  haha due look at the date on the first post, its like over half a year ago. haha.

Comment

Hey guys, I'll be driving through Indianapolis, if any of you want to meet me along the way and grab lunch/dinner some place.

It's still in the plans of when, but I know for certain, it will be first two weeks of July.

Comment

Originally posted by asuj158 View Post
                      haha due look at the date on the first post, its like over half a year ago. haha.
                      ooops lol.
                      well i still love the 02faq page.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Im down to meet as are some others Im sure. Just let me know.

Comment

Im dying to go to an event have you guys set anything up yet?

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
                          Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

I know it's an older thread, but posting up for the indy area as well. west side pretty close the the op.

Comment

Yeah, I'm on the east side, over in Fishers if anyone needs help or parts or any such thing.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X