Indy r3pres3nt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terre Haute here.

Just picked up an 88 325ix. Looking for a good transfer case and front passenger CV axle for it if anyone has one, I'll drive anywhere in Indiana or Illinois.
    WTB late model, anywhere on the east coast will go as far west as Texas for the right car at the right price. 5 speed 6cyl only.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." - Han Solo

Comment

sweet, more peeps. We should get a meet going here.

Oh and there is also another german shop off of smith valley road between 37 and 135. Can't remember the name of it for the best of me though.

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
        Whats up Hoosiers!
        Moved here from western washington state about 6 months ago and am finally settled back in (lived here about 12 years ago). We have two E30's and one is a full track/autocross car, the other a daily driver. I have been into BMW's and racing for the last 8 years but I had kinda taken a break from it all for the last two years.
        Time to get going again! So, I'm looking to meet local E30 enthusiasts, autocrossers, track junkies and the like. I am in Indianapolis (northwest side). If I can get the work needed on my track car finished I will try to get in on the early autocrosses coming up. Anyone here a CCA member or other local clubs?
        Welcome back.

I'm part of the CCA and it's pretty strong. Auto-X within it, and also SCCA. The Club's track weekend is the 17th at Putnam if you want to drop by.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
          Welcome back.

I'm part of the CCA and it's pretty strong. Auto-X within it, and also SCCA. The Club's track weekend is the 17th at Putnam if you want to drop by.
          Thanks, I am likely going to at least join the local CCA, and maybe the SCCA later on. There are some other clubs up north that run at Tire Rack in South Bend, looks fun! I am hoping to have my car ready by the 17th, havent heard of Putnam, where is that?

Originally posted by 88driftIS View Post
          sweet, more peeps. We should get a meet going here.

Oh and there is also another german shop off of smith valley road between 37 and 135. Can't remember the name of it for the best of me though.
          A meet would be awesome, count me in if you guys wanna look at putting something together. I MIGHT have some 10mm spacers still, they are cut from old rotors so the arent the lightest in the world. I'll look for them.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 10/10ths View Post
            Thanks, I am likely going to at least join the local CCA, and maybe the SCCA later on. There are some other clubs up north that run at Tire Rack in South Bend, looks fun! I am hoping to have my car ready by the 17th, havent heard of Putnam, where is that?
            The Putnam Park Road Course has provided thrill-seeking drivers an opportunity to drive their vehicle to its limits. At 1.78 miles long, this 10-turn track is open year-round – weather permitting – establishing a test-driving location conveniently located only 35 miles west of Indianapolis.

I won't be running but am going to hope to drop by.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
              http://www.putnampark.com/

I won't be running but am going to hope to drop by.
              SWEEEET!!! I guess I had actually looked this track up before moving here, its less than an hours drive for me! I would like to make this event either driving or not, I need to get a CCA membership first and I wouldnt be surprised if registry is full by now.

Thanks for the link
              sigpic

Comment

Where's a good junk yard in the area that has BMWs?
                WTB late model, anywhere on the east coast will go as far west as Texas for the right car at the right price. 5 speed 6cyl only.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid." - Han Solo

Comment

Anyone else going to make the SCCA 16th St. Auto-x on the 11th? (this sunday) Its the season opener "fun run" event and I REALLY want to run it and hopefully I will have my car ready in time.

Got my fuel leak fixed, changed the oil, cleaned it out and some other little stuff today, still need to get and replace my seat slider brackets before I can run it. Either way, we plan on going to the event, any other E30's gonna be there?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm part of the local CCA, but haven't participated in anything other than the new member picnic last October. I've considered attending the autocross on Sunday just to observe.

Comment

Hey guys, I saw some of you talking about meets. We are hosting a Friday night "cruise-in" event here in Westfield at a local spot called the "Park Street Pub". Last Friday (April 9th) was our first event, and being that it was pretty cool we had a good turn-out. Discount Tire even stopped by with some freebies!

Here is a link to some more information: http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=2...=2bc6f9893a&e=

Also, if you need repairs, give us a call. We do everything from mechanical to rust repair, to light body work. We're also dealers for Tirerack and Ireland Engineering. Heck, GearheadE30 works here, so you KNOW you're in good hands:)!

Hope to see you around!
                      Reggie Stewart
                      Reggie's Motorworks Inc.
                      reggie{at}reggiesmotorworks{dot}com

'84 318i Baur TC
                      '90 325is S52 swap (Project Varmit on YouTube)
                      '90 325iT with M20B25 and e30 M3 suspension
                      '91 M5
                      '68 2002
                      '69 2002 (long term project - M2 conversion)
                      '15 i3 REX
                      2005 F350 King Ranch DRW tow vehicle

Comment

Nice! I'm staying up here in Westfield right now. Maybe I'll bring the E39 by some Friday if I ever get to stay in town for a weekend!
                        -Brandon
                        '86 325es S50
                        '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                        '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                        '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                        S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

I'll be there this friday, don't think I'll bring the track car this time. I'm still on RA1's from sunday, that and I havent replaced my bad bearing yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

So we made the first SCCA points event this last weekend, our first event in 2+ years. It was at the Terre Haute airport and it rained ALL day but it was a lot of fun anyways. We got Jenna's best run on video but not knowing the new camera I left it on and didn't have enough room for my run group, next time. Here's hers
                            Terre Haute, IN 4-25-10-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-Do we have too many knives? Please watch: "Knife Storage FAIL - Too many loose knives" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...

The site is great, very flat and smooth concrete surface (not much grip when wet though!) and it is only a little over an hours drive for us. Both of us were a little rusty and I know I could have gone quicker but in the end I think I represented the E30 pretty well.

Only one other E30 there, a red E car and I didn't get a chance to talk with him (with the rain it wasn't a very social day) We are both looking forward to running the entire SCCA points season and also events with other clubs.

Justin
                            sigpic

Comment

Reggie,

Some of us from Louisville would like to make up to one of the cruise ins. If you would like post up your events on our OKI (OHIO KENTUCKY INDIANA) BMW Facebook group that would be great!

Hope to see you at a Friday night drive in and some of the indy Crew down at our cookout and or other events!

Thanks,
                              zach

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

hi im new to the forum and e30 scene but i have a 325is with 55000 orginal miles paid 2500 for it so i think i did pretty good im just looking for some parts like the front lip/valance and new headlights im from terre haute so its not to far from indy
                                OIF 05/06 OEF 07/08

Comment

Working...
                                X