• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber shadowline paint

Just came across this thread on bf.c.
    Seems like a good way to shadowline your chrome
    trim without sanding first.

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

http://www.arghon.com/

Yes it works brilliant. I did a friends mini cooper with it and plan on doing my grills on the E30 it looks fantastic on my E92

Comment

well today i scraped my spoiler, so I got some plasti dip and went at it.

7speedshop.com

Comment

also forgot to mention, I know people are saying don't sand or whatever, but definetly do sand it, if you have a little rock chip or scratch it looks twice as big after you lay this stuff on. also you cant sand this stuff it just rolls up in a ball and falls off.

7speedshop.com

Comment

where did you buy it?

Comment

Stuff is really good, I use it on my front and rear spoiler, works great. But yeah, sand anyway.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
              where did you buy it?
              Home Depot

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

lowes

7speedshop.com

Comment

ive painted large areas with this stuff too for other applications. its great!
                  www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Dude, fucking sweet. I've been wanting to shadowline my car for ages, but I've always been paranoid of it chipping.

Looks like most people are saying it doesn't chip at all. I'm doing mine this weekend.

Comment

be careful when removing the tape if you dont remove the trim from the car. remember its rubber and will form a bond with the tape. it peels and will pull off of the trim with the tape. the e39 thread recommended cutting between the trim and tape. trim, tape. trim. tape.
                      www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

I'm going to do my side moldings, and the trim around my front and rear windshields, too.

Someone do a dashboard and shift/center consoles.

Comment

Can you paint over it? I'd like to do my kidneys to get rid of the chipped SEM look that has to be redone every couple months, but at the same time there is so much SEM trim black on my car I want to make it match. So I'm thinking perhaps a coat or three of the palasti-dip followed by a few coats of SEM and that way when it chips it will show black?

Comment

Bought 3 cans today, got it at Home Depot. Gonna do all the stuff I mentioned above on my car, and a few things on my pickup.

Comment

Sweet, how much did a can of this stuff run?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X