Can you have a controlled rusted look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gearheade30 View Post
    cnotes: If the car is already a beater and such, go for it. It might look better than when it started. If it is a nice car, though, don't do it. There are other ways to make your car stand out from the crowd. Just my .02.
    +1
    sigpic(OO=[][]=OO)

Comment

PM me. I have a non-acid and sandpaper solution.
      Slicktop City!

Comment

^Geeze. Just spit it out.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

isnt it sand to metal, bleach on surface. then wash baking soda. wash off dry. clear coat?
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Paint stripper? Jesus. "Jasper's" gelly paint stripper does wonders. Just let it sit for 30 minutes, then scrape with a flexy flat blade/putty knife.

Bam. No more paint.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
              Sand it and let it go. Then rub diesel fuel on it. That's what they did to Rusty (the e28 you posted)

I'd throw some clear on it to seal it, but surface rust will actually protect the metal below. We've got a 55 Dodge that's all surface rust. No holes whatsoever.
              Nice! any pics of that 55 dodge? is it a truck?
              no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                Okay, you understand that that 5er was basically destined for the junker, right? It was given a new lease on life by turning it into a rat-rod project. It works, because the guy who owns it went all out. I don't know if you've seen the most recent pics, but it is now even more, ahem, unique.

Cnotes: If the car is already a beater and such, go for it. It might look better than when it started. If it is a nice car, though, don't do it. There are other ways to make your car stand out from the crowd. Just my .02.

right on the money...that said my bronzit is a beater not worth putting money into to restore and i would nt rust anything on it..(doin a pretty good job on its own in that regard)

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                  Oh, and OP - go buy a fucking VW if you want to do this shit. You dive a BMW, start acting like it.
                  Purist. :hitler:
                  RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
                  Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
                  DaveCN = Old Man
                  My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

^+1
                    no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

+2

and lets see some pictures of that 55 dodge!

" WHY DO YOU NEED 300HP TO DO THE SPEED LIMIT?"

Comment

OP Why not just talk to Mike directly. Hes pretty famous but not hard to contact. If you have a question send him a pm on BF.c (Spasdic Dwarf) or Sworks (M.Burroughs). He will gladly respond.

-Daniel

Also, BMWerke rusted his, Ive seen it in person and it looks awesome with a fresh roundel. He had his hood rusted then clear coated rusted then back to standard rust. Send him a pm too!
                        feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

Bleach will do what you want. Basically just wipe it on and it will rust right away.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Oh, and OP - go buy a fucking VW if you want to do this shit. You dive a BMW, start acting like it.
                            lol'd. There's a whole lot of good information in double G's full post, but this put a smile on my face. It's just a car, do what you like.
                            Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                            You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

check my sig, sand then salt water then peroxide. done
                              '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
                              '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
                              '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
                              '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

Yea Salt water and peroxide should do ya trick over night.

Comment

Working...
                                X