No announcement yet.

My complete Custom paint job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested on how this turns out. I reserve all comments till final product! I will say that bitch looks straight!

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Looks awesome and reminds me that I still need to wetsand my car :(
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

all parts sanded

wasnt patient enuf so i redyed my driver's seat

masked....

PAINTED!!!

Comment

something to do back at the house...redying my interior (since the driver's seat was a success ;)

Comment

wow you power sanded plastics? what grit did u use? weren't you afraid that the heat would swell up the parts?

Comment

320 grit ull be fine followed by the right primer..i did 320>primer>600 wetsand. they dont get that hot, and any more sanding than needed and ur only eating up the plastic. i just did enuf to get them all nice and smooth. how do u think plastic bumpers r repaired ;)

Comment

Originally posted by palimuin View Post
                320 grit ull be fine followed by the right primer..i did 320>primer>600 wetsand. they dont get that hot, and any more sanding than needed and ur only eating up the plastic. i just did enuf to get them all nice and smooth. how do u think plastic bumpers r repaired ;)
                hah thanks for the info! I have some plastic pieces with like 3 layers worth of respray. some recommendations are telling me just to buy new pieces outright or source one with the oem paint on it because sanding it will be very labor intensive given the extra attention needed for plastics. I find their recommendations time consuming and expensive.

Comment

overspray can be taken out with cleaning products like solvo wax/grease remover or even more intense like laquer thinner..that way u dont have to repaint anything just cleaning will cut thru. or if ur just trying to respray the black moldings u can scotch them real quick and spray them with a can of trim paint

Comment

keep this in mind..something that has to be painted shud always be prepped otherwise the paint wont stick. whatever has overspray obviously wasnt prepped therefore the paint isnt fully stuck there.

Comment

Wow this is awesome.
                      The front valance looks cool too. I like small different things like that.

Post more!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

What are you using to dye your interior?

And randomish question, but the door card materials on vinyl and leather interiors is the same, right?
                        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

thanks ak, I dont like too many holes; simplicity=beauty plus i like to be different. u cant see the spray cans in the pics lol..yea their almost the same but theres always gonna be different types of leather.. but the application is the same if ur dying vynal or leather

Comment

I'd be much more interested if I didn't have to read your TXT-speak.

Comment

lol im sorry about that i used to write ppl college essays but my whole life revolves around bodywork day and night..only my action speaks now.

Comment

I understand the used to part. People don't pay much for D- work these days, do they?

Comment

Working...
                                X