Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gonna atempt e36 front bumper on my 85 318i!! (pics on pg 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominick
    everything is going well, i have tons of pics. right now i just finished making some mounts and im gonna mount it on, then cut the sides off. Its about 1.5 in too wide, so i will try to cut .75 in on both sides, then fiberglass the sides back on.

i know fiberglass is strong but do you guys think that'll be strong enough to hold for a long time?

pics are coming soon
    You realize that fiberglass does not stick to plastic right? The first time the plastic flexes the fiberglass with crack right off.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Here is a quick photoshop. Get it to look right and it is going to be hot. Good luck with the fitment and make it nice.

sigpic

Comment

You should take the motor from the 325 while you're at it. :P

Im curious to see how this goes.

We have another crazy m10'er on board.

Comment

[quote="Jordan"]
          You realize that fiberglass does not stick to plastic right? The first time the plastic flexes the fiberglass with crack right off.
          i thought of it not sticking, so ill probably use a small strip of metal in the back as a brace to hold the 2 pieces together. Any ideas on what to use to cover up the line and hold the 2 pieces together? I know you did a lot of custom work on your rear bumper.
          www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
            Here is a quick photoshop. Get it to look right and it is going to be hot. Good luck with the fitment and make it nice.

you think you can photoshop it white?
            even though im no where near worrying about the color schemes, i will have to decide wether to do all white (bumper, trim, lip, grill), trim black all else white, trim & lip black, bumper white, black grill, black lip & trim. There are so many combinations.
            www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Plastic welder maybe?

That looks cool get er done.

Sold it.

Comment

Its really annoying how all anybody does is hate on this board.
                Do it, and make it look good.

Comment

Originally posted by BavarianBimmer
                  ah just buy a Honda if you want that look
                  What?

Goodluck with the project bro. I think it will be pretty badass just because its original.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                    everything is going well, i have tons of pics. right now i just finished making some mounts and im gonna mount it on, then cut the sides off. Its about 1.5 in too wide, so i will try to cut .75 in on both sides, then fiberglass the sides back on.

i know fiberglass is strong but do you guys think that'll be strong enough to hold for a long time?

pics are coming soon
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

That looks like an e30 with that BBS front bumper.

I mean I give you props for trying to be creative and all, but i dont like it at all.

But again, your car.
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

For the record, it wont look *horrid* straight on. Its from above, and the sides that its going to look horrid.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

pics are here

im gonna flatten out the top of the bumper and make it more like a e30! And i have the sides fixed, i stretched them out to the fender.

But here are a couple of pics:

Here's what ive been driving around thanks to the damn racoon :evil:

Here are the goods, i unfortunately cracked the lip, but i can fix it :roll:

i have more pics, just no time to post the rest
                          www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Um.... You could have at least held it up to the front of the car.

Tease. Oh wait have you even started?

Sold it.

Comment

Interesting.

Another one of those 'I wouldn't try it' ideas...but look forward to see the outcome.
                              Trevor Ely
                              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

looks like a pretty sweet project. It should look pretty nice if it's fitted on right. Good luck with all the work.
                                ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
                                X