Power limitation with Bosal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power limitation with Bosal?

I need to get a cat back exhaust for my new 2.8 stroker, and am planning on getting another Bosal. Is this going to appreciably limit power vs. a 'performance' exhaust?
    Also, in the pictures of the Bosal systems, they appear cheaper than the old one I had. The hanger looks like it is now made with a bent rod, and the rear tips aren't welded all the way around. Do these still fit perfectly, like the older versions? Thanks

Never mind that old vs. new Bosal question. My old exhaust I was comparing to is actually a BMW exhaust, so I'd be inclined to go with the Eberspacher vs. Bosal.
    Same question with power, if anyone knows. Thanks

Comment

What did you end up running? I need a new cat as well.
      sigpic84 325e

Comment

RA seems to have a few reasonable options
        1988 BMW 325IS 2.5L L6 Catalytic Converter | RockAuto
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          RA seems to have a few reasonable options
          1988 BMW 325IS 2.5L L6 Catalytic Converter | RockAuto
          Thank you for the link! My friend told me about RA and that's what piqued my interest however the few reviews that I found for them are not that good. I live in Hawaii so emissions or salt/rust isn't an issue. This is going to go with my Stromung Cat Back and 731 head on my ETA. I already have i exhaust manifolds. Someone locally has one that looks OEM but it has surface rust and an unknown history. I just emailed them to see what the difference is between the models.
          sigpic84 325e

Comment

Originally posted by 808ETA View Post
            Someone locally has one that looks OEM but it has surface rust and an unknown history. I just emailed them to see what the difference is between the models.
            In that case you are almost better throwing your money down the toilet, as you'll be replacing it again in the near future.

Comment

In that case you are almost better throwing your money down the toilet, as you'll be replacing it again in the near future.
              Isn't that the whole purpose of having an e30? LOL

I think I will end up going with a new Bosal. Did you get a converter yet?
              sigpic84 325e

Comment

Originally posted by 808ETA View Post

Isn't that the whole purpose of having an e30? LOL

I think I will end up going with a new Bosal. Did you get a converter yet?
                hahaha! exactly!

not yet, but magnaflow has this one that'll work too....just came in stock
                MagnaFlow E30 BMW Standard Grade Federal / EPA Compliant Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter

Comment

hahaha! exactly!

not yet, but magnaflow has this one that'll work too....just came in stock
                  MagnaFlow E30 BMW Standard Grade Federal / EPA Compliant Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter
                  Get the best deals for magnaflow 23554 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Found a few places that sell it for $484 https://www.google.com/search?q=magn...w=1280&bih=630
                  sigpic84 325e

Comment

Working...
                  X