No announcement yet.

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30... now SUPER powered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trancas Cars & Coffee this morning meant some early morning post c&c canyon run.

The E30s.

The ones who made it to the finish without issue.

Dirty and slow but having fun. I was going to wash the car but it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. DamnSoCal winter weather...

I’m going to end this post talking about Charlie’s (sh3pak!ng). First time I’ve seen it since the SoCal vintage show a few months back. Damn car always looks good and he does such a good job cleaning it sometimes I feel like I should clean my car hahah maybe someday he will inspire me
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Can’t wait until my left foot can get more involved in driving...

These arrived today.

Hopefully I can take the flywheel soon to have it put on a diet. Getting closer though. I can’t wait
      Simon
      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Yes it has the button. It functions because it will downshift the gear when I step on it, but it just doesnt want to hold the gear until redline. Im actively trying to destroy this automatic to accelerate ( :razz: ) the 5speed swap.
        Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
        My 89 auto did the same thing.

Really took the joy out of spirited driving.
        After adjusting and later replacing the stretched out throttle cable it revs much higher now, occasionally near red line. Changing out the transmission fluid/filter also helped it shift smoother and hold the gear longer.

Before doing those two things it would always shift way to early forcing you to give it more throttle which would cause it to downshift and then up shift way too early again.

Comment

Thanks for the invite
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            Thanks for the invite
            :rippedoff:

sorry, you have to be up at the buttcrack of dawn to get there from Culver City and Im just off the 405/10, still left at 6:10am and I couldnt really find a parking spot in the lot. You have to be up so early, its crazy. If I go again, I will let you know
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Ohhhh fuck that haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Cirrusly Blue - The Daily Driver E30

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                Ohhhh fuck that haha

yea you're not really a morning person.

First tow happened last night with this one... I had a few warnings that the alternator was going out, especially this moment.

So of course , it died on my way home last night. Luckily I had today off from work because I need the car this weekend. I got the old alternator out and swapped today. We're back in business. However this wasn’t a pretty sight to see

I also might have a direction of what will be happening with this car in the future. Its too early to be 100% sure, but Im VERY happy with this if it works out.
                Last edited by 2mAn; 01-13-2018, 11:22 PM.
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  yea you're not really a morning person.

I also might have a direction of what will be happening with this car in the future. Its too early to be 100% sure, but Im VERY happy with this if it works out.
                  hint pls
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                    hint pls
                    haha not yet. Only thing I will say right now is that if/when the decision is made, it will probably not surprise anyone.... and NO, Im not buying my aluM52 motor back, or at least he hasnt offered to sell it to me :rofl:
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Hey simon, I’ve enjoyed your thread here. I have a cirrusblau ‘89 so your Blau was a little startling, lol.

If you don’t mind, I’ve a question. When you first got the car and put those 16” wheels on, is that what a stock suspension car looks like with 16”? It looks really tall and the wheel wells look awful?

I’m asking because I’m trying to decide what to put on my stock car. I’ve considered 16’s but seeing your photo back when your car was stock height scares me. What’s best for a stock car? 15”? I really don’t want the bottle caps anymore.
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                        Hey simon, I’ve enjoyed your thread here. I have a cirrusblau ‘89 so your Blau was a little startling, lol.

If you don’t mind, I’ve a question....I really don’t want the bottle caps anymore.

Thanks, the title is a bit of a joke about the Cirrusblau. I hope to get it repainted in the future.

The first pics with the ESM wheels were stock height and 16s with 50 series tires. It rode nice but I hated the look. 15s with 55s would probably look better, and maybe some E90 drop hats up front
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

http://https://flic.kr/p/2277t32Thanks, here’s mine

I’ve just about decided to beat this dang forum platform with a hammer, I can’t get the damn photos to post and I’m outta patience.
                          My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                          I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 325e '87 View Post
                            I’ve just about decided to beat this dang forum platform with a hammer, I can’t get the damn photos to post and I’m outta patience.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Best purchase I’ve made ! I’d be bugging parkerbink about buying his seat shocks and when I finally did he threw in a bunch of extras, and I need almost all of it too!

Seat shocks for the sport seats, transmission mounts, a brake light switch, garagistic cupholder and a keyless entry setup and a few other things. So grateful for the deal
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Glad you are happy.

I knew you were doing the 5 speed swap and the rest was in the box near the shocks so I figured Wtf I know he will be able to use them or give them to someone who can.

Enjoy!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                                X