• Time
  • Show
Clear All

your Subaru is rockin'

GL on the turbo build!
    Late model granitesilber 325i convertible FS:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=293701

Comment

Dude, scratch what everyone is saying about the auto. As long as the faulty seal is fixed, those transmissions are some of the best. They were put in a wide range of cars including suv's. They will handle boost and whatever else you can strap to an M20.

as long as you don't rev it in neutral or park, you will be fine.

Can't wait to see this thing pull!

Comment

Use stock gaskets for the manifold, wastegate provision, and turbo mount.
        None of those gaskets align correctly. The CXr warehouse is a couple miles down my street.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I'm tuning in! - Subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            Use stock gaskets for the manifold, wastegate provision, and turbo mount.
            None of those gaskets align correctly. The CXr warehouse is a couple miles down my street.
            thanks for the tip, I'm pulling my headers off right now, If these don't line up I'll order some OEM gaskets up.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
              Dude, scratch what everyone is saying about the auto. As long as the faulty seal is fixed, those transmissions are some of the best. They were put in a wide range of cars including suv's. They will handle boost and whatever else you can strap to an M20.

as long as you don't rev it in neutral or park, you will be fine.

Can't wait to see this thing pull!
              My seal has been fixed and I have a shift kit installed, sadly I do rev it in park and neutral all the time for the past 5 years and nothing has gone wrong. I know its a tough transmission, its the same one used in the V8 landrover. I guess this will be the test of what the tranny can do.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Cut the flange in half.
                Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors
                  I'll do whatever it takes to get it on, just like the Ebay "alpina" headers I'm removing.
                  I didn't mean for fitneses.....:nice: I recomend doing that to prevent warpage/twist the flange due the heat and being long the flnage, will be easier to happen that. Been there....;)
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Definitely subscribing to this.
                    I might be interested in that exhaust too! Keep us posted!

Originally posted by Janderson
                    you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

relocated the coil and setup my Oil feed for the turbo today.

7speedshop.com

Comment

started working on the turbo, Its in really nice mechanical condition but ugly. It shall be be nice looking by tomorrow. The V-band gave me some trouble because its pretty seized, I might have to cut the nut off of it and replace it. turbo fits in the engine bay with very little clearance, I may have to dent the body just a little bit because the motor will obviously move when driving around.

7speedshop.com

Comment

If you don't mind me asking. Where did you pick up the turbo?
                          Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyE30autox View Post
                            If you don't mind me asking. Where did you pick up the turbo?
                            Ebay for $150:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                              Ebay for $150:)
                              DAMN YOU!!!!

I think I was looking at buying the same turbo :p I will be following this closely, I am probably going to run the same manifold, turbo, etc.
                              -Alex

Comment

Snapped some pics of the intercooler and turbo fitted. I need to rotate the center section so the drain faces down but i'm really having a hard time and cant get it to budge. any tips? also what thread does the holset use for the turbo feed I was told m12 x 1.5.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X