Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow... awesome piece of history! congrats

Originally posted by kameleon View Post
    Cool project, could be this?????? If you look at the rear under bumper on your car it matches the paintwork on this car

http://www.kormanautoworks.com/racingdynam.gif
    you might be on to something here, all the details seem to match, and more pics / info?

-chris

Early 323i
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214425
    320i V8 Swap
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=345807
    M3
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=310470

Comment

WOW! Looks like a lot of Fun!... and grip!
      E30 now S52
      2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
      325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

wooah, dat Is crazzzy :o
        and this cars relevance with those old pics is cool too...
        http://instagram.com/mundieriss
        my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

Yes - could be!

Comment

Thanks Kameleon - sent an email to Racing Dynamics. No idea if anyone there will have info, but it can't hurt. Anxious to hear what info the M-sport number reveals, too.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I love all this,,,,, amazing to own such a rare car,,, and also find out the history
                Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
                ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
                E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Well, good news, and interesting news.

I've been speaking with Ray Korman, who raced it in the photos shown, in the 1987 IMSA Grand Prix in Miami. The only time it was raced in that configuration. He recognizes the flares and some other distinguishing features from when they built the car for a customer. When the customer came up short on payment, Ray bought the car and raced it.

It had BMW Motorsport Group A suspension, with hollow titanium hubs! He said it handled really well and only had some issues with rear end lightness at speed that could be easily remedied. Handled so well that the Mazda factory team came over to look at it because it was so fast through the twisty part of the circuit compared to everything else!

Ray thought the car was a domestic origin, though, so we are still researching our info form the Euro race series we thought it came from.

Fun, cool and exciting, all at once!

Comment

So glad you made a build thread did not know this was a 320.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Still not 100% on if it was a 320 or 325 yet, but hope to hear back from the experts soon. Can't wait to get it in the air and look at that suspension!

Comment

What does your dry sump look like? Mine has one but it was oem and in the bay. It was a black tank with red cap that says oil.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Nah, this one is in the trunk with -6AN lines going to and from. They aren't hooked up to the current M20, which is another reason I think this is a 'filler' motor and not the Korman 2.7. Shame, really. That would have been a screamer, but the turbo mule might just have to do until we figure something else out.

Comment

Can you get us lots and lots of pictures of the suspension?

Comment

Glad you arr in touch with its driver. Can he dig up more photos? Maybe do a video chat with him, let him tour the car once more. It could rekindle a desire to see the car back to its original glory.

Any word from RD? I have not seen much response from the tuners. They keep to themselves. Maybe a bigger sponsorship car like this could get them to talk.

And this is really cool. Thanks for sharing. The provenance of the car is the icing on the cake.
                              ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Wow. This thread is so much more gratifying than the "no expense was spared…" old race car/young-douchebag thread. I bet that motor is something too. I just get the feeling.

Awesome score, thanks for sharing.
                                Originally posted by Andy.B
                                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X