No announcement yet.

S54 Swap Exhaust systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I couldn't find one in stainless last night for some reason but now I just did

Comment

OP is back!

I finally got my headers after about 9 weeks from Ergen Motorsport in the UK. They are an absolute bastard to fit with the motor and everything in, have to slide the rack forward, remove the engine arm and mount, then slide in from underneath.

Got some V bands welded on so I can fit them on and then get the rest made up. Mine are dual 2.5", I'm going to keep it dual 2.5" to the back of the gearbox and probably merge into a single 3", seems everyone likes to keep the merge quite far down?

Comment

Looks good dude. RHD e30 s54 headers seem to be a bitch to install. I have to do everythung u say plus lift the motor up a bit
        88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

I finished mine just over a month ago, But only up to the fuel tank. I need to get some good mufflers, I've gone for 3" since it is quite low and I have driveshaft hoops so couldn't really get it tucked up into the tunnel.

Can anyone recommend some Quiet mufflers? I want atleast two in there. Leaning towards a Borla Pro XS 3" in, Dual 2.5" out for the rear. But if I could put a 3" in / out Borla and fit the biggest rear muffler I can fit to make it quiet i'd do that.

Suggestions?

Comment

So you're three inch from the petrol tank back?

Define quiet. OEM 2016 328 quiet? OEM 2016 M3 quiet? Supersprint / remus quiet?

With no centre muffler you may be best trying to reuse an OEM piece. The rear muffler from a F30 3 series is 3 inch inlet and long and cylindrical. I bet if you flipped it around it would fit in an E30.
            F30 is turbo so exhaust shouldn't be too restrictive and it also only runs 1 muffler and 1 res so it should be good at shutting up drone. I say "should" :)

If you went back to twin why not get an E36 Eisenmann rear section. It fits, it sounds nice.
            88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Borla Pro-XS isn't that quiet of a muffler on it's own. If you can fit a 3" Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator in the middle, and the Borla out back, it will be tame enough around town, and scream like a banshee above 4k rpms!
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Short vid of my exhaust
                Not that loud at all when cruising, even on the freeway (in 6th). Moderately loud with more than slight acceleration. The video doesn't do it justice though, it sounds fantastic imo
                E30 S54 swap exhaustTopspeed pro-1 headers - modified stock E46 M3 section 1 (stock resonator replaced with AR20, pipes modified for clearance in trans tunne...

and another
                Last edited by diesekte; 03-16-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
                  Short vid of my exhaust
                  Not that loud at all when cruising, even on the freeway (in 6th). Moderately loud with more than slight acceleration. The video doesn't do it justice though, it sounds fantastic imo
                  E30 S54 swap exhaustTopspeed pro-1 headers - modified stock E46 M3 section 1 (stock resonator replaced with AR20, pipes modified for clearance in trans tunne...

and another
                  https://youtu.be/EQiSDhvy1sM
                  Does sound good, would love to hear it driving or on a dyno!
                  Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                    everything ive seen says its not the number of tubes at all, simply the merge location
                    This is absolutely correct. 2.5 dual with oem merge placement into a 3 or 3.5" single is literally the best of both worlds.
                    E92 Msport

Comment

id advise people to replicate the OEM E46 M3 section 1 exhaust philosophy if they are building a system for the street. its pretty hard to beat. Most economical from cost and weight and likely performance would be twin pipes into Y pipe and run a single exhaust unless you prefer the sound of twin pipes.
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Dragging this back from the dead to clarify, since some of the image links are broken. Is there enough clearance for Euro or typical E46 M3 aftermarket headers to fit in the E30?

Comment

Originally posted by R3VM3UP View Post
                          Dragging this back from the dead to clarify, since some of the image links are broken. Is there enough clearance for Euro or typical E46 M3 aftermarket headers to fit in the E30?
                          Yes, based on my experiences with my S54 E30 and other similar cars. At times it may be a bit finicky around the FCAB area which may need to be dented on the headers for clearance. It really depends...
                          If looks could kill:::

Comment

I am actually going with Jordan's M54 setup with a slight twist.

This is his setup.

Here is where I am differing.

I have S54 Status Groupe Headers
                            Following Jordan to the Cats, I also picked up some N54 CATs, (his maybe N55) to stay OEM.
                            After that instead of putting it through a 2 to 1 muffler, I am putting it through a magnaflow muffler that has an X Pipe built in so I can follow closer to the original S54 setup with dual in dual out.

Last but not least I am finishing it off with an E36 M3 exhaust. It will probably be a bit quiet but I want the car sounding closer to stock.
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post

I have S54 Status Groupe Headers
                              Following Jordan to the Cats, I also picked up some N54 CATs, (his maybe N55) to stay OEM.
                              After that instead of putting it through a 2 to 1 muffler, I am putting it through a magnaflow muffler that has an X Pipe built in so I can follow closer to the original S54 setup with dual in dual out.

Is this for a RHD car? wondering how well the status groupe headers fit around the steering shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                                Is this for a RHD car? wondering how well the status groupe headers fit around the steering shaft?
                                Left hand drive, the steering shaft is on the left the headers are on the right.

Not sure how there will be interference.
                                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X