S54 Fuel Filter Regulator and Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 Fuel Filter Regulator and Pump

So I have read through several threads and I kind of want to confirm some things before I order some parts.

1) The S54 E46 OEM fuel pump is plug and play correct? I just drop in connect the existing wires and it will work.

2) I use the OEM E30 fuel filter in the existing spot

3) I can buy the S54 E46 Pressure regular, take the fuel filter off of it and mount that somwhere else in the car.

4) Where is the best place to mount that regulator and are there good directions anywhere on how to take it apart.

Thanks!
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

im running deatschwerks fuel pump dw300 in tank pump, with a ktuned high flow fuel filter on a e46 m3 regulator mounted in the same spot on the e46 m3(under driver seat near the frame) works great.

you will need a russel fitting to put the filter on the regulator.

Comment

1) Maybe. I use a TRE pump but I don't see why it wouldn't work but again I don't know the dimensions
      2) yes
      3) yes
      4) I just zip tied it underneath the master cylinder. Tucked out of the way yet easy access

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
        1) Maybe. I use a TRE pump but I don't see why it wouldn't work but again I don't know the dimensions
        2) yes
        3) yes
        4) I just zip tied it underneath the master cylinder. Tucked out of the way yet easy access
        Thanks, I know I have seen a few people use the OEM one, I am on the fence about it, but I think I want to try to keep as many original E46 M3 parts as I can.

I had a brand new E30 fuel filter laying around when I ordered the new tank so I wanted to use it.

Comment

I am running a TRE pump. Disconnected the filter and made an adapter to barb and located it in the engine bay to make diagnostics easier as well as vacuum lines put it on the frame rail with a hose holder from summit.
          1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
          5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

s54 regulator

I mounted my s54 regulator just in front of the floor area frame rail, about 3-4" from where the steel fuel lines terminate. Made a small bracket, and bolted it to an empty stud that was there. Works nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by cwlo View Post
              I mounted my s54 regulator just in front of the floor area frame rail, about 3-4" from where the steel fuel lines terminate. Made a small bracket, and bolted it to an empty stud that was there. Works nicely.
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X