No start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start

I just tried to search on tablet this very topic but the search menu would not allow it..

Well I drove my e30 s couple times a week.
    Yesterday with over a half tank of gas i pull out of my house pull up to stop sign and she stalls and dies.
    Cranks over strongly but engine never fired up.

Push car back home take other car to run errands, and a few hours later car fires up and after a 5 second stumble idle smooths out and I drove around the block.

Wth...

???????????

Update:

Jumped in car this AM
    Fired right up like nothing happened????

Comment

Could be a bad C191 connector under the intake. I would also throw in some new relays - main, O2, and fuel pump.

Basically you have a poor/intermittent connection somewhere... so look at all the sensors and wiring harness.
      My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Check the relays.

Went through a similar issue with my car recently. Ended up being a the fuel pump relay and aged CPS connectors. The DME wont signal the fuel pump if it does know the cranks position, it will just crank. You can also bypass the fuel pump relay with a jumper wire. Once you bypass it you will here the pump kick on, that would be when you jump back in the car and crank it. If it doesn't start up then its not likely a relay issue up the 2x CPS.
        86 325
        02 C5 Z06
        02 Z/28 - DD

Comment

more symptoms...

Okay I am going to give a detailed history of my no start issue.
          First time about a week ago, car is cold, fires up drives a hundred yards and dies. Cranks but wont fire up. push it back to house. Several hours later fires right back up and no issues for a few days.

Yesterday, I drive the car 15 minutes and come out a couple of hours later... turn key and nothing..
          no crank no start... but I hear clicking sound going on with key not in the ignition??? Sounds like a relay or something under the dash...

Go under hood remove IAC connector make sure all fuses and relays are in solidly. still hear clicking w/no key in ignition...
          go to back of car check battery connection all good.

After turning key off and on and getting in and out of my car a few times for a few minutes, the clicking under the dash goes away. I put key in ignition and bam it fires up and I make drive home with no issues.

get up this AM and drive car to work no issues???

Comment

Working...
          X