No announcement yet.

East Coast Caravan???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured I'd give some input here seeing as i've driven from Tulsa to Portland and back 6 times in an e30.

1. avoid wyoming at all costs. it blows, and if you were to break down there, you'd die, and probably wouldn't be found for several years. to avoid it, follow the red route, but take I-70 all the way into UT and go north on I-15. it doesn't take any longer.

2. last august i did this drive again, straight with no stopping except for gas and food. went with one friend, traded off driving. it took 33 hours from Norman, OK (rather than Tulsa). There is NO WAY you will get there in 30-35 hours from NC unless you are averaging like 120mph.

drive safe, stay hydrated, try to avoid junk food, and don't try to be the hero and keep driving when you feel like you're about to fall asleep. most importantly, have fun!

let me know if you want any other input on routes... i've been on pretty much every interstate in the western half of the US in an e30.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
      you will get there in 30-35 hours from NC unless you are averaging like 120mph.
      Yup, that was the plan! :D
      Slicktop City!

Comment

Right now, it's looking like I'll be at the beach. I fought this decision, but I can't spend a vacation in a car and drop $600 on gas. I think I'll chill at the eastcoast beach with beer and watermelons.

I will be trying to make this trip at some point though. Seems like a great exercise.

I drive NC to Wisconsin in 12-13 hours on pretty regular basis. That's about third of the way, so I'm very comfortable, that with a pair of competent divers, we can make it in under 35 hours.

Comment

While the pictures are awesome that come from the show I can't justify the drive when O have not attended O-fest and that is closer most of the time.

Maybe we need to start our own here on the East Coast much like Lime Rock has on Labor day weekend or Guten Parts want to start a show, The are in a great central location for the East Coast.

Best of luck on the pilgrimage.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Someone in PA, should put something together.

Comment

Damn, that sucks, I was hoping to get to meet you in person Art... some other time I guess.
              sigpic
              e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

it will happen, lol. In due time.

Comment

So who's heading out from the east coast?

This is any easy way to win the farthest traveled prize from Griots ;)
                  Chris
                  90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Working...
                  X