Rattling noise and lost traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattling noise and lost traction

Hi guys. Last weekend i was beating the hell out of my 325ix and suddenly when i dropped second gear at 6500 rpm y hear a rattling noise and stop the car.

Then i try to put it in first and the thing from the video just happens.

All week i've been disassembling stuff and fixing other things that i wanted to do a long ago...

Last time i tested the car on the air, when i lifted the clutch pedal slowly the wheels would spin normally. If i lift the clutch pedal fast, the rattling would start.

Rear diff is fine. Nothing is broken.
    Removed the gearbox oil and no metal shavings appeared.
    Guibos look fine. My 325ix doesn't have a nor CSB nor an u-joint to be faulty...

Then we take a look at the transfer case. The center oil splatter looks grinded by the chain. I don't know if the grinded area is from years ago or if its new... but if i put pressure with my hands on the t-case chain i can make it touch the center.

Then we move to the clutch area. Pilot bearing was completely loose. It almost fell off as soon as i removed the flywheel. Gearbox input shaft has got some play. Clutch looks awfull but with some friction material left. Throwout bearing has got some play on it. Already bought a new one.

Car is a 325ix but with the front driveshaft disconnected. So there is no driveshaft splines problem.

I don't know what else to look at. What do you recommend doing?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Car is a 325ix but with the front driveshaft disconnected.
    err...does that work? The center diff's limited slip, I guess, but that means the
    slip limiting is the only thing that's driving the rear wheels.

I vote you toasted your center diff, if you still have one...

guessing,
    t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

It somehow works haha

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
      Last edited by notanawdix80; 05-30-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Hmmm- then if the diff's not exploded, that pretty much leaves the gearbox, I guess...

Have you checked the transmission output flange? Does it have an output flange? I had one of those
        come loose and wear out, and it was "ouch!" like that...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X